Feelings

A/N:
note: '~' is your name<3

————————————————————————

The day had finally come.
I would finally be starting to work on the case with L and had no idea of the surprises it would bring.

At our first meeting, L had requested for me to meet him in a hotel. Following his instructions, we would change the hotel and therefore place of investigation nearly every day. It was a great measure to ensure safety, after all, I thought to myself.

Room 926.

As I lifted my hand to knock on the door, it was already opened in front of me.
"How did- oh, sure, security cameras!", I realised as I looked upon L.

He looked just like the last time I met him. The cozy, big clothing was still the same and the bags under his eyes had not disappeared- it seemed as if he never slept.

"Now, Miss ~, before we start on the investigation I'd like to introduce you to another member of our team that you already know", he stated.

Another member that I already know?

Then suddenly, someone stepped out of a corner of the room I hadn't paid attention to yet.

"Wa- WATARI?"
I couldn't believe my eyes as I saw the old man approach me.
"I'm so happy to see you again!"

"The happiness is on my side, Miss. You have sure grown up but I could never forget any of the children I took care of."

It had been so long ago.
Back in my childhood days, my father was already gone and my sick mother who had given everything to raise me died of her disease. After the funeral, I had been brought to an orphanage. A short while after, something happened that I would never forget.

An old man had visited me, saying that there was a 'special home for children like me'. The man adopted and raised me along with a lot of other orphans for a while- until he had gotten a message.
My aunt- who had been living in France- had done everything to move to England as soon as possible to raise me after my parents had both died. Thus I had to leave behind Wammy house- and therefore Watari, with the other children who had already become siblings to me.
"I'll never forget you!", I had cried as my aunt had led me from the house to her car.
Though since that departure, I had visited the Wammy house nearly every year with my aunt to meet Watari and the other orphans again. He had become like a role model as well as parental role to me and apart from paying him visits, I wrote him letters every now and then.
But that he worked together with the infamous L? That's something I had never known- although, there could be an explanation...

"So L, am I correct with the assumption that you were raised in the Wammy house as well?", I straightforwardly asked him.

"Correct deduction", he replied without blinking for a second.

In that case, I first wondered why I hadn't already met him there, but the answer to that was obvious. L must have joined the Wammy house after I had been taken care of by my aunt, never meeting me there. That is why I never knew an L of the Wammy house. Then again, it made sense now- the best of the orphanages were assigned a letter.
Still- I visited Wammy house every year, after all- he must have been there somewhere. Then again, if secrecy had always been so important to L, he had probably always locked himself up in his room. It's impressive how excellent both Watari and L were at keeping that a secret...

After a while of talking about Wammy house, we finally spoke about the case. Watari would- as it looked so far- mainly work as a safety and security guard to ensure that none of the information would be brought to public.

"This is all of the information on the case I have collected so far", L said as he handed me a stack of files.

"Please go over it, will you? Also", he whispered as he got close to me- so close that I couldn't prevent myself from blushing,
"I think now would be a good point of time to tell you my full name."

"Your name?", I gasped, knowing how important secrecy was to L. Due to that reason, next to no one knew his true identity.
"But Ryuzaki, you've only just met me!"

L put a finger on his lips, his eyes looking away in calculation.
"Hm yes, I have. In fact, it is really strange, I seem to trust you completely immediately."
I couldn't help but blush more. How could it be that I had already gained L's trust after such a short while? It must be because I had been one of the Wammy children who had been raised by Watari as well, just like him... yes, that must be it... or was he simply bluffing?

"Anyway, my name... it is...", he whispered as he got even closer to me, leaning in to whisper in my ear while his dark hair softly brushed my face.
"...L Lawliét."

Lawliét? I had heard that name somewhere before, but only if I could remember where! Had it been Wammy house? It must have been... Furthermore, I couldn't understand the way he decided to tell me his name. Watari definitely knew it so there was no need to whisper- L wanted to make me nervous...

Apart from that, I couldn't stand myself being like this. L- this brilliant detective, in fact, the world's best - was simply telling me his name - and how was I reacting in this state? I had been blushing like an idiot and my heart seemed to beat like crazy, simply because he had been getting close to me.

I had always been such a calculative person. While other people my age got into serious relationships, I was dedicated to my work as an agent, to the cases that I had to solve. Without solving them, I wouldn't be able to find satisfaction. Romantic relationships had always been disappointing and distracting to me, which is why I never wanted to get involved in such.
But that calculative person seemed to disappear. As I thought about it, I couldn't remember any moment I had ever been so emotional and uncontrolled before. What was happening to me... was I- starting to catch feelings for him...?

—————————————————————
A/N: I decided to completely overthrow my
"this could be an actual order" thing so everything is in a random order now, being read more as oneshots :') I'm working on a lot at the moment, several ones have to do with Wammy's house... I just really love that place<3