Parents

A/N (will remove later):
I decided to first upload the oneshots randomly, maybe in the end they make sense and i'll sort them properly, I don't know yet xD this chapter is MAJOR fluff ahh... I hope you'll still like it x
'~' means your name

——————————————————————

Saturday. The day that L and I would be flying back to Winchester in England to visit everyone at Wammy's house.

I was getting so excited, it had been far too long! L and I had just solved another case, so for now, we could spend a while in England.

I smilingly got out of the taxi and looked up at Wammy's house when we arrived. I sighed. This really feels like home.

Looking at L, I could see that his face
mirrored my thoughts.
He took my hand in his as he gave me a little smile.

"Do you still have the key?", I asked him as we approached the front door.

"Oh, yes", he replied, making his way to the door lock.

We had intended to surprise the children at Wammy's. It had been so long since we last visited them and I missed them even more than I realised- they were like siblings to me, and I knew that L felt the same about them, regardless of the Wammy children being his potential successors.

I entered Wammy's first and led L
the way. I threw a smile back at him and gestured him to remain silent as I put a finger on my lips.
He nodded in understatement.
But just as he had done so, we startled in shock as we heard a certain kid yell from upstairs.

"ITS THEM! THEYRE BACK!"

In the blink of an eye, the child had hastingly run down the spiral staircase of Wammy's.

"IM SO GLAD YOURE BACK ~! AND L!"
A blonde boy said.

"I missed you too, Mello", I smiled as I hugged him back. Even though Mello was thirteen years old at that time, he still behaved more like a child than like a teenager. Then again, he saw me as an older sister. He had grown a lot during the last years so at that moment, he was only a bit shorter than me.

"YOURE KIDDING", another child yelled.
Matt. Definitely Matt.
Another sound of running, then of a loud drop.
Mello instantly facepalmed.
"MATT!! Why do you always have to be such a clumsy IDIOT!!"

Before I could even admonish him, Mello ran upstairs again. I threw a questioning look at L who looked just as challenged with the situation as I did.

Suddenly, when I looked in front of us again, I saw a little boy in white approach us very slowly through the corridor, with his head lowered. He held a teddybear in one of his hands and curled a strand of his white hair with the other.
Aww Near! He was always so shy at first, it was so cute!

"Near!!", I yelled. The little boy who had so far approached us slowly now started to run and hugged me just as hastingly.
"I missed you... ~", he shyly said and then hugged L as well.
"L... please don't leave soon."
L and I exchanged looks before he replied.
"Near, ~ and I are going to stay here for a few months."

Near suddenly looked up at him. His face was like sunshine.

"YAY!"

——————————————————-

The beginning of the day went relatively normal for a day at Wammy's house.
After Mello's loud call of us being there, the whole orphanage had woken up and come to the main hall where the other children had hugged and welcomed us just as excitedly as they rushed in. Then, as a tired Roger had entered the hall, we had settled down for a big breakfast.