24/7

A/N: I might be writing too much fluff :')

————————————————————————

After several months of investigating one of our cases, I had been attacked by a criminal in public and later on brought to the hospital due to the harm I had suffered.

L, who I was working for on the case, had asked me to stop investigating at once and to recover peacefully- but my mindset did not allow me to do so. I couldn't just watch everyone else work and see the case being solved without my help, I had to support them.
I had to support L.

Ever since I had started working for him, I had been deeply fascinated by his character.
At first, it had only been admiration and fascination- but after a while, the unprofessional and more emotional side of me decided to develop more genuine feelings for him. In fact, I had fallen deeply in love with him and I just couldn't calm my mind regarding that fact.
Especially since he had rescued me after the criminal attack, I owed him my life now.

L had only agreed to let me continue working with him in that state under one condition- that he could keep watch on me 24/7. In other words, that we would be together all day.

As I loved him, I didn't mind, though I was a bit nervous about it.

How literal did he mean it? Would we even sleep in the same room?

I got to headquarters and figured out I would find out that day, no need to go crazy.

Relax, ~. The moment from stepping into HQ on, you will be by his side, but that is alright. No need to be uncomfortable.

"Ah, ~!", a familiar voice shouted as I entered headquarters.

"Matsu!! It's good to see you again! I wish they hadn't kept me at the hospital for such an unnecessarily long while!"

"It wasn't unnecessary, ~", I suddenly heard L mumble from his computer.
"Your life is worth more than any investigation. You also know that is why you will stay with me now."

"Yes."

Matsuda eyed from me to L and back again.

"Man, the tension couldn't be worse", I heard him whisper.

———————————————————————

It was finally getting nighttime and the end of the work day was quickly approaching. With it came my feeling of nervousness.

L allowed me enough privacy to go to places like bathrooms alone so far, but what about the night? He never slept, but I always did, what would happen?

"...~, you always sleep during the night, don't you?", he suddenly inquired casually without moving a bit.

"Yes! Why do you ask?"

"Well, I do usually stay awake for about one hundred hours and then sleep for about seventeen", he replied.
My jaw dropped. I knew L's sleeping habits weren't necessarily healthy, but how was this even humanly possible?!

"But you see, as I am your personal guardian now, I figure I'll have to sleep too. We should go to your room soon."

My room? So that confirmed my assumptions- he would actually sleep in the same room as me...

————————————————————————

"I haven't slept in eighty hours", L said as he sat down on my king sized bed.

"Well, now you will have to! Oh and L", I remarked smilingly as I saw him sit on the bed in his usual, adorable slouching way, "you should lay down to sleep at least!"

"But..."

"No buts!"

"Oh and ~... are you really alright with this? Sleeping in the same bed?"

I blushed as I nodded.
"If I wasn't, I'd sleep on the couch! Don't worry!"
I quickly went to the bathroom to change into my nightgown and turned off the lights before I made my way to throw myself into the bed.

L had finally cuddled himself up under the blankets, only his face and his dark, spiky hair peaked out of the bed now.

I looked at him and smiled.
"Gosh, you are so damn cute"

"What did you just say?"

"OHH! Uh, nothing, just thinking too loud!"

"You think I'm cute?"

"I, uh... yes..."

His pale skin turned to a beautiful pink as he just stared at me.

"Thank you."
I giggled.

"Oh but L, can I... do you think I can... may I cuddle you?", I asked shyly.

His eyes widened even more but he nodded slowly.

So I cuddled up to him.
At first, L still seemed to be a bit frozen, but after a while, he calmed down and wrapped his hands around me.
Staying in that position was so comforting... I rested my head on his chest, quietly hearing his heartbeat as I started to drift away into the most beautiful dreams...

I could feel that I was falling in love with him even more, even though I hadn't believed that to be even possible...