8 - Progress

I was walking down the hallway, approaching my office while taking a look at recent expeditions and fleet practices. 'The data seems good. I should do stuff now.' I then walked inside the office. It was still 5AM, no shipgirl was up. I got up early because I wanted to plan the things that need to be done later. I grabbed a pen and a notepad and wrote down-

To Do List
• Build ships that add firepower
• Take back control of surrounding base territory
• Do Large Ship Construction

Seemingly satisfied with the list, I put the pen away and put the notepad in my pocket. I then start to walk toward the office door, when something hit the window. I looked at the window, it had a little scratch from whatever was thrown to it. I looked down the window, my eyes trailing for the culprit- but I saw Shige. 'He's back! Nice, I can ask him for help.'

I then signalled him to wait for me down and he nodded. I ran as fast as sonic and proceeded to greet him downstairs.

Shigetora POV

I was waiting downstairs for (Y/N) to arrive. I heard some crashing sounds and running footsteps. 'Someone sure is excited.' I had been gone for a few days since me and my girls went on a vacation. '(Y/N) didn't want to leave the naval base alone, so it was just me and my girls. Next time, I would surely get him to join us on a vacation.' I was cut off from my thoughts as the sound of a door opening, and someone panting would be heard.

Shigetora: "Is that you, Sonic?"

(Y/N): "Yeah. It is I, Sonic."

(Y/N) then jumped to give me a hug, but it was too strong, so he ended up tackling me.

Shigetora: "Ahhhhh! (Y/N)!!!! No homo, No homo!!!"

(Y/N): "Heh, you should at least rejoice, my best friend. For you have reached home."

I kept on struggling against (Y/N)'s grasp. I couldn't get out. I mean it would have been worse if it was a shipgirl, as I would be crushed. After a minute of struggling, I finally released from his grasp and crawled my way out. I stood up and dusted my suit, brown dust particles visible on it. (Y/N) also stood up and dusted off himself.

(Y/N) POV

It has been a month since Shigetora got in here. I can say he was a good friend. We celebrated new year together. And now we officially get into business.

(Y/N): "So, Shige. We will be officially start working together today. Pleased to have you."

Shigetora: "Yeah. I'm pleased to work with you too, (Y/N)."

(Y/N): "Good. Now first task of the day, will you help me get progress on the maps? If you ask, I'm still in the 2-2. However I got word from sources that defeating the boss from 1-5 would get me good drops and a medal."

Shigetora: "True. It would do all those things you say. However there are 4 bosses in 1-5. You sure you up for that?" (I want it to have logic so instead of sinking it 4 times, I would put that there are 4 sub bosses.)

(Y/N): "Yeah. I'm up for it, as long as it would bring progress."

Shigetora: "Ok. It's good you have the fighting spirit. Let's go to your office, I will brief you there.

---Timeskip---

7AM. Before the briefing we decided to grab a quick breakfast. I didn't want to, but I don't know how Shige got me to agree. Now, we're walking to the office.

---Flashback---

Shigetora: "Hey (Y/N), let's grab a quick breakfast?"

(Y/N): "Maybe later after the briefing."