11- Area Patrol

---(Y/N) POV---

After we ate at Mamiya's Ami and Umi decided to spend the rest of their day exploring around the base, while Shige went back to his office to finish paperworks. I then decided to be boring and do my paperworks too. It took me until night. I was so tired I passed out on my desk.

I fluttered my eyes open to see sunlight beaming through the windows at the floor. I sat upright and realized I was on the desk.

(Y/N): "Damn. I passed out here, huh? Yesterday was really tiring."

Just then, I heard a knock on the door.

(Y/N): "Come in."

Before the door opened, I adjusted me uniform and my hair to look at least presentable. When the person came in, I was relieved to see it was just Shige. He was carrying some folders on his arms.

Shigetora: "Hey (Y/N), these are the ships that would be assigned to Ami and Umi. My dad sent these documents over. He said you should go have a look at these."

I then nodded and gestured for Shige to just put them in the table. He does so and then he stands by the side of the desk.

(Y/N): "Perhaps you can help me review stuff on these documents."

Shigetora: "Sure, will do."

I then start sorting documents and opened a random one.

Shigetora: "Seems that these documents are of shipgirls that are not in this base."

(Y/N): "They probably are to be assigned on the twins' fleet."

Shigetora: "True. These are a lot too."

Shige said while pointing at the documents stacked on the table. These sure are a lot. If I will guess, after these twins graduate they might be assigned their own naval base.

(Y/N): "Well it does say here in the documents that they are the daughters of a high ranking naval officer in Japan."

Shigetora: "Really? Wow. Even father won't give me my own naval base."

(Y/N): "Oh yeah right, Shige your father is also a ranked official in the German Navy?"

Shigetora: "Yeah. He's in the high table."

(Y/N): "Might as well ask him to give you a naval base that's neighboring mine."

Shigetora: "I think I just said that he doesn't treat me specially. He treats me like a normal Admiral."

(Y/N): "And here I thought you lived the VIP life."

Shigetora: "Nah. Only the fat Admirals on the high table does that."

(Y/N): "Wait, really....?"

Shigetora: "Err... I was just joking...."

I doubt that, Shige. I've hear rumors of abusive Admirals at the high table.

(Y/N): "Well, these are all the documents, yes?"

Shigetora: "Yeah. Are you done scanning those? I will be putting these in the HQ archives."

I stand up and arrange the second half of the documents. I then walk towards the door, earning me a confused look from my dear friend.

(Y/N): "What, are we not gonna return these or what?"

Shigetora: "I thought I will be the only one returning these?"

(Y/N): "It's alright. I wanna hang out, you know? Bros should always hang out."