12 - Origin

---???? POV---

I was walking the halls of the main naval base. I was headed towards the meeting room where all head district admirals are already waiting. As I approached the room, I heard the faint sound of chatter and a little bit of argument. 

I took a deep breath and adjusted my uniform, dusting off my shoulders. As I exhale, I turn the knob and opened the door to see various admirals, chatting. Some were arguing and some were idle. The air was deadly silent when I came in. They all stopped what they were doing and behaved on their seats. I took a quick glance on all of them, before going to the farthest seat on the edge, where it was vacant. 

????: "So do you all know why I've called for a meeting in here?"

After I said that, chatter and whispers again flooded the room. I sighed and held my right hand up to signal for them to be silence. 

????: "I've called for a meeting because we have received reports of sightings of an unknown abyysal. It's something new. We haven't seen it before but its definitely something that would belong to a high-class abyssal."

Head Admiral 1: "What information on that abyssal are there?"

????: "None as of now. The report indicated that it was just sighted near a naval base."

????: "Meanwhile as we investigate that particular naval base, I'll send in more trainee admirals. We will need  the manpower in the possible upcoming battle with a large abyssal fleet."

Head Admiral 2: "Wouldn't that cost a lot of resources?"

????: "It might. But in the end, having more manpower will win us a war. I will leave the resource problem to us and the other Head Admirals of every district."

Head Admiral 3: "I think our current manpower is enough to destroy any abyssal army."

????: "Overconfidence is a factor that would lose us the war. We must be careful and we must always take precautionary measures for the worst case scenario. Any questions?"

I slowly turn my head around to see if any Admiral would raise any concerns or questions. None of them seemed to oppose to this plan.

????: "Alright, dismissed. Get back to your districts immediately. Main Headquarters will relay information to all of you as soon as we get our hands on new information."

They all exited the room, leaving me and a certain small Admiral.

????: "Why are you still here, Lea?"

Lea: "I would ask the same, Leon."

Leon: "I told you to only call me by that when we're in a formal setting."

Lea pouts and huffs.

Lea: "I-I know, father."

Leon: "It's not the time to pout. Yokosuka was the base where the Abyssal was sighted near."