Five nights at Freddy's

It looked like an interesting job at first. They just needed a night guard, simple.

"Why'd you drag me into this Min?" Phil complained as we walked to the front doors of the place. I rolled my eyes and unlocked the door.

"Because you need a job and so do I. Trust me, it'll be an easy job" I answered walking in. Phil groaned and followed.

"I had a job" he complained.

"Yea, one that doesn't pay the bills though" I smirked "an if you're going to be living with me, you need to be able to help pay the bills" he sighed.

It wasn't tricky finding the guard station. It was right inside the doors. The room was small with a desk taking up one wall with a filing cabinet next to it almost blocking one door. Old greasy looking posters hung on the wall overlooking the desk and to be honest, they game me the creeps. Phil didn't seem to be doing much better.

"Min, I don't like the looks of this place. Maybe we should just-" he jumped interrupted as the phone rang. I had jumped a bit to at the sudden noise but was able to hide it better. The phone rang again and I picked it up.

"Hello? Oh! Hello!" A questioning voice on the other end said. Confused for a moment, I stayed silent. Phil stood behind me listening with a periodical glance I've his shoulder at the two doors behind us.

"Um, I wanted to record a message for you. to help you get settled in on your first night. Um, I actually worked in that office before you. I'm finishing up my last week now as a matter of fact." The message relayed. I put it on speaker to let Phil listen too.

"So I know it can be a bit overwhelming, but I'm here to tell you: there's nothing to worry about. Uh, you'll do fine, so let's just focus on getting you through your first week, okay?"

Phil snorted "yea, lets not get killed" He had said it jokingly. If only we knew.

"Uh, let's see... First there's an introductory greeting from the company that I'm supposed to read, eh, it's kind of a legal thing. You know. Um... " There was a sound of rustling papers as the reader cleared his through slightly.

"Welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, a magical place for kids and grown-ups alike, where fantasy and fun come to life. Fazbear Entertainment is not responsible for damage to property or person. Upon discovering that damage or death has occurred, a missing persons report will be filed within 90 days or as soon as property and premises have been thoroughly cleaned and bleached, and the carpets have been replaced-" all color drained from my face. Phil stood stiff beside me.

"Blah, blah, blah. Now that might sound bad, I know, but there's really nothing to worry about.

Uh, the animatronic characters here do get a bit quirky at night, but do I blame them? No! If I were forced to sing those same stupid songs for 20 years, and I never got a bath? I'd probably be a bit irritable at night too.

So remember: these characters hold a special place in the hearts of children, and we need to show them a little respect, right? Okay."

"I regret ever trusting you" Phil said suddenly making me just. I turned my head to look at him and the look on his face- it's just to hard to describe. Almost a mix of hatred, terror and a little panic. I couldn't blame him though, we hadn't known the risks. Like the guy said, they didn't tell us that when we signed up.

"So just be aware; the characters do tend to wander a bit. Uh, they're left in some kind of "free-roaming" mode at night, uhh, something about their servos locking up if they get turned off for too long. Uhh, they used to be able to walk around during the day, too, but then there was "the Bite of '87." Yeah. It's amazing that the human body can live without the frontal lobe, you know?