random idea #5

It was a peaceful day. The sun was shining, the leaves of the ash trees were swaying in a gentle breeze and everything was right. But more importantly, there was no one home. 

 Or so Briar thought. 

As soon as she had finished all the chores around the house, from dusting to laundry, she had sat down to enjoy a nice cup of tea and a book. She hadn't even made it through page one before a scream rang through the air only to be followed by laughter. There never seemed to be any peace anymore. 

Standing up, she walked over to the window, thinking the worst. Maybe they were shooting the dishes now. Or burning down the forest outside yet again. Heck, maybe Herobrine spawned a pet dragon for them. Creed had been begging for one ever since Phil took him to the end. Her hand tightened on the tea cup as a bit of residual anger surged forward. It would've been alright if he had told her, or if Herobrine had told her. 

But no. Briar looked out the window surprised. There was no fire, no shattered silverware, and as far as she could see no dragon egg or baby dragon. Instead, out in the yard, sat a puppet show. She smiled as she watched the wool puppets move up and down inside the contraption. Herobrine stood off to the side smiling proudly, bits and pieces of wood shavings and fluff stuck to his shirt and a little bit in his beard. 

Angel and Creed sat hypnotized as the story played out. From the looks of it, Briar could tell it was a generic fairy tail. A hansom, loving prince saves a gentle princess from an evil lord and asks her to marry him. The fair maiden accepts and the kingdom rejoices happily. On the day of their wedding though, the evil lord arrives only to find he wasn't welcome and curses the prince. As the princess watched, what she once saw as her prince turned into a gruesome and horrible monster. Gnarled and twisted wings grew from his back, claws sprang from his finger tips, his eyes turned red and their glow lit up the room as if it were on fire. With a howl, he launched himself out of the chapel, fleeing the screams of fear and worst of all, the dismay of his lovely bride.

The prince lost control soon after, and started tearing his kingdom apart. Hunts were arranged to capture and kill him, but none came back. After a while, the princess took up the hunt for him herself. But instead of wishing to kill him, she only wanted to break the curse. 

On and on she rode, following the path of destruction he left in his wake. As she drew closer, the worse the damage was. Whole farms were burnt to the ground, salt littering the dying fields. Towns were torn to sheds, as if a storm had come through to level everything. In the end, she met him at the top of the tallest mountain in the land, and this was where the endings varied.

Briar held her breath, only imagining which ending would come. Would it be the one where he tore her apart, then realized what he did and plummet off the mountain in grief? Or would he feel no remorse at all? Maybe, the lord would come along, after showing that he had control of the beast, have them both captured and outcast for the rest of their lives, never to see each other again.

Instead. The beast froze, and the fair princess carefully walked forward. He held still as she got closer, recognition and pain flashing in his face. Briar smiled at the complexity of the design. It showed so much. 

The princess warily, but gently put her outstretched hand on the beasts forehead and in a burst of light he turned back into what he was. A gentle prince, who felt the pain of the subjects he was forced to torture. 

Working together, they went back to the evil lord, and defeated him once and for all. For many years to come, there was peace and prosperity. All ended well.

Briar smiled and quietly opened the door. Angel and Creed were dancing around happily, singing along with the final song of the machine. Herobrine looked up proudly at Briar, and, without really thinking, she smiled back just as proud. The world was alright again. 

------

a/n Wow it's been a long time since I've updated a story like this. I remember why I started this one, which was a long time ago, but I thought it could use a good turn in another direction. It was fun doing a story like this, I think maybe I'll do another one some other time. It'd be fun ^-^ 

anyway! I'm on spring break now

"SPRING BREAK!" 

Phil! Stop drinking the soda and save some for the others! Anyway, I'm on spring break, so hopefully I can update a few more awesome chapters of various books, and maybe, just maybe, I have a new one coming out ;) 

But, until then I hope you enjoyed and 

SEE YA FOXES! 

(btw, if any of you have seen Zootopia/ Zootropolis and suggest it please let me know! I wanna see it, but I'm not sure at the same time)