bored in class #2

"No!" I yelled. My heart was pounding, my eyes were as wide as saucers.

There was nothing I could do. I couldn't move as I watched the terrible sight in front of me. It was as if I were frozen in place. No, no this couldn't be happening. My thoughts were racing, trying to think of a way out of- of. I didn't even know. I couldn't tell what was happening. My only thought was panic.

The darkness I was plunged in split. A beam of white light shone through. I had to suppress a sob of relief at the sight. Someone had found me. I tried to stand but my legs felt like jelly. There was something wrong with them. I couldn't understand. What had happened? I had no memories. 

"Someone get her out here" a gruff voice called from outside. My heart went cold with dread. I- I knew that voice. I didn't know who's it was though, all I could recall was it was a horrible feeling of pain and then waking up in this darkness with the body.

Oh god.

They did that. They were the ones to kill this man. No. They were the ones who left that man to die. Slowly fading until nothing remained besides the blood, the bruises and the body. 

There were footsteps. I had to act fast. But- what could I do?! I couldn't fight, not well at least. At least- I didn't think I could. Maybe I could? But what if I couldn't?

The footsteps were getting closer. I had to make a decision. There was nothing around me that I could hide behind. Nothing besides the body. It wasn't big enough either. They'd find me. I felt hot tears stinging my eyes. WHAT COULD I DO!?

The light was put out. I looked over my shoulder, my eyes going even wider in panic as the figure stepped into the room. There was a glint of cold metal in his hand.

"No!" I woke up screaming. I fought to regain my breath. Quickly I turned on the light next to my bed, desperate to drive away the shadows in my room. I turned to glance at my alarm clock slightly afraid to see the time. 4:45 am. 

I sighed and l leaned back against the wall behind my bed. I was shaking. That was the third time this week I had that dream. What'd it mean?

There was a pounding coming up the steps and for a fleeting moment my heart went into overtime as the thought of whoever it was had found me. 

My door swung open and I crawled back with a mental note to move my bed away from the door. As far away as I could. Someone flicked my light on and I had to blink to clear my vision. 

"Min?" I sighed relieved when I saw Phil standing there. 

"I- it was just a bad dream" I said in a hoarse voice, trying to stop shaking. He nodded and walked in. I pulled my feet up to make room on my bed. 

"what happened in it?" he asked. I shook my head. It was too soon. I couldn't get the image of the man out of my head. 

Phil sighed "okay" he went silent for a while "think you're good now?" he asked. I shook my head again. He smiled and leaned over the bed. 

"You need to get back to sleep you know" he said "full day tomorrow"

I sighed and nodded "I know, I can't get back to sleep though. Never can after a bad dream" I might've thought that, but my body seemed to be saying something else.

I felt heavy, it was hard to keep my eyes open but I couldn't go back to sleep. The dream lingered there, waiting for me to drift off. Waiting for the chance to finish it. As long as I was awake, it couldn't. I wanted to keep it that way. But I couldn't stop myself from lying back down on the comfy bed. I felt the covers pulled up more and smiled, too tired to comprehend anything. 

I woke up the next morning to my alarm blaring the Plain White Tee's song '1,2,3,4' 

it wasn't quite a bad way to wake up after a night like that.