Workaholic (pt.2)

Trigger warning! (Comfort drinking)

Ethan

3rd person p.o.v

He just lied back in his chair and sighed, with many emotions flowing through him. After several minutes of nothingness, he stood up and walked sluggishly into the kitchen, grabbing a bottle of half empty Jack Daniels. He sat down on the creamy coloured sofa and stared blankly and the bottle in his hands for a moment. Ethan could see his reflection in the bottle, it was almost like it was starting back at him. He unscrewed the bottle cap and it was as if time was in slow motion as he watched it slowly fall to the floor, then everything was silent. He downed the bottle quickly and it was not long before it was empty. "Ugh!", he shouted as he threw the bottle at the wall, shattering it into thousands of pieces.  As the shards of glass returned, a few of them pierced into Ethan's skin, on his face to be specific. Ethan groaned in agony as scarlet-red blood started seeping from his cheek, it was nearly in his eye but he had somehow managed to avoid it.

I don't even know what to think about that girl anymore, maybe we aren't right together after all.

Ethan was confused. He loved Emily, but at the same time, he felt like they weren't the way they used to be. He needed to talk to Simon, he was his best friend after all and Simon was always good for arguments because he was a very logical person.

Ethan hobbled back over from the kitchen, and into the hallway, stumbling and grabbing the wall every so often. The alcohol had numbed the pain from the glass inside of his face but it was still bleeding and his clothing was becoming damper with blood by the second.
And then he tripped, landing onto his chair of which at this point he was back in his office. " Shit! That fuckin' hurts!" He shouted as he landed onto the floor. After a minute or two he got himself back up and lifted the gaming chair back up as well. Slowly, Ethan sat down onto the chair. Silence drowned the room. I want it to work with her, I need it to work with her but how can things go on like this.

Ethan picked up his phone, looking at his notifications, he scrolled for a bit before he found anything interesting and then he saw he'd gotten a text from Si. I'm honestly glad, I need to talk to him right now anyway.