VALENTINE'S DAY

Her cell phone rang as soon as the door closed behind Hyde. She never got calls because her two friends were just with her. She didn't have any other friends. "Uh, Hello?" That sounded smart Nora.

"Nora."

"What do you want?" Inside she was dying because it was Soren on the phone.

"I missed you."

"Only by less than an inch." She glared at the phone.

Soren took a breath. "I know. I'm sorry. I missed on purpose if that helps."

Nora laughed. "No, that doesn't help, Soren. What do you want?"

"You. It's driving me crazy! What did you do? Did you do this?" Soren was serious. He just had to talk to her.

Nora sighed. "What?" He still wanted her? This was a trap but she couldn't figure out how it could be. He wouldn't need to call her and lie to her when he knew where she slept. He could really kill her whenever he wanted to and he could take his time doing it.

"I dream about you now. You have been in all my dreams since Thanksgiving. I drove to the school once, well, three times, just to watch you."

"The first time you were walking from a building talking to a red haired girl. She was twirling or something." Soren was in trouble.

"The second time I watched you smell the rose and the third time..." He stopped talking. He didn't want her to know.

"You...What?" She heard a chuckle.

"I know. I don't know what is wrong with me either. I saw you get the flowers. Did you like them or shred them?" Soren waited. "I don't know what to do. I have a duty, a job to do but I'm in love with you!"

Silence. Nora couldn't breath.

"I'm sorry to say that over the phone but I couldn't help it. I didn't want another day to go by without saying that to you." Soren was scared. "Nora, are you there?"

"Uh, yes. Yes. I'm...uh, here. I didn't do this. Sorry, my brain wasn't working. I didn't do whatever this is. I don't have that kind of power and I would never... I'm stunned that you even called because I never gave you this number." She missed him.

"I miss you." She whispered into the phone. "I loved the flowers and I have never seen that color before. Oh, I loved the snow globe. I put it on my desk."

"I know."

"What?" Nora froze. "I, you dropped off the rose also, huh?" She guessed that he had someone deliver it. She sighed.

Soren sighed. "You were in class and I broke into your room. I saw the globe. I figured that you would throw it away or something. I'm sorry I'm being weird."

"You...Why didn't you come by when I was here? I would love to see you." Nora stopped talking. Shut up. She looked out her window. It was a gorgeous winter day. It was starting to snow. "I don't know what is wrong with me!"

"I wanted to but I'm afraid. I'm afraid of whatever this is...with you. I don't know what to do." Soren sounded upset.

"I can't seem to get you out of my head. We were hunting a creature the other day and I was thinking about you. Don't worry, Nora. This one was bad. It was driving people crazy by sucking out their brain matter."

"Gross!" Nora made a face. "Look. I understand that some of them are evil. I get that. But not all of them, all of us. I have never hurt a person. Ever. I have had plenty of them hurt me or try. Hell, this one guy shot at me." She smiled.