SUMMER PLANS

Nora had finished a final and had one more. Three days to the end of her sophomore year. Her phone rang. "Hey." She knew who it was.

"Hey. Studying hard?"

Nora smiled. "Trying but some guy is making it impossible. I did finish all but one exam and I think I did okay. I should be positive that I got an A but I'm not. I blame you." He had been calling almost every night for the past three weeks.

Soren laughed. "I take full responsibility. How are you?"

"Great. Better now. That is cheesy but true. How are you?"

"Better now and that is cheesy. Went on a hunt and found something that was harmless and we let it live. Just thought I would tell you." Soren was cleaning his shotgun.

"Oh, really? How did Ryker take that?" Nora was curious.

Soren sighed. "He isn't thrilled but he is willing to try, Nora. We aren't just crazy killers. We are trying to see your point of view but it's tough to change."

"I understand and thanks for trying. Tell Ryker thanks for me. Does he know about us?" Nora smiled at the us.

Soren smiled. "Yes. He is also not thrilled and thinks I lost my mind. He says hello."

"Oh, is he there?" Nora was shocked that Soren called while Ryker was in the room. So far, they were always alone.

"Yes. I told you that I gave up. Does Hyde know?" Soren was curious.

"Hell no! He already thinks I'm crazy and sleeps by my bed to keep me in my room. Who knows what he would do if he knew we were trying to date!" Nora laughed at the absurdity.

Soren chuckled. "Right. Dad wouldn't handle this very well. Maybe we should keep this from him."

Nora laughed. "I know. Well, Poppy just walked in and no, she doesn't know either. She is a huge fan, by the way and I wouldn't know where to begin. I would be in that insane asylum with you."

"Maybe we could be cell mates!" Soren joked. Oh, the thought of living with her and seeing her everyday was appealing. He had to slow down. "At the risk of Ryker rolling his eyes again, I miss you. Have you watched the series?"

Nora smiled. "No, I haven't watched the series but I will. I have to go buy it. I miss you too. All the time. It is beginning to annoy me."

"Yes. I find you annoying as well." Soren smiled. "I like it."

Nora shook her head. "Me too. Hey, Poppy." Nora said to Poppy, who came out of the bathroom. "Sorry, I should probably go but I don't want to."

"Right. You have an exam to fail tomorrow. You better get to studying. Good luck."

"Hey. You be careful." Nora warned. "I...Uh, I love you." She said it really fast.

Soren sighed. "Good. I love you too." He chuckled.

"Did he roll his eyes?" Nora could picture that.

"Oh, yeah. Of course. What are your plans for the summer?"

"I'm surprised that you don't already know." Nora smiled and Soren chuckled. "I have a map of some..uh, houses and I am doing some touring." She didn't want to say anything about haunted houses in front of Poppy. She would freak.

"Haunted houses. Sounds like fun for you." Soren smiled.

"Right. I'm excited. I may go visit mine also. Give the tourist a little extra surprise."

"We are hunting right now but I will call when I can. I'm not sure when I will be able to. It's tough since we don't have a normal work schedule." Soren hoped that Nora understood.