RECOVERING

Nora couldn't move. She was too weak but she could hear them. They were fighting.

"What are we supposed to do, pretend that she is human and let her go?" Ryker was talking. "I think she would just turn around and kill us. Look at what we do. We kill monsters for a living. She is a monster."

Ryker wasn't trying to be a jerk but this was his job and his life. He was trained for killing monsters not getting saved by them. What was he supposed to do?

He couldn't kill Nora because that would hurt Soren. He couldn't do that to his brother but he didn't know what the right thing was here.

"Ryker, she isn't a monster. She just saved our lives. Both of us and it cost her. I'm still not sure she will live." Soren was really worried. He didn't want to lose her. He wasn't what would happen to him without her.

Nora felt someone put a hand on her face. She needed to phase. She could heal quicker. Soren was right, Nora was going to die if she didn't phase. She had to and she couldn't warn them. She took the last of her energy and phased.

Both men pointed handguns at her. Soren recovered quicker.

"Sorry! You okay?" Soren was watching his woman floating in the air as he put his handgun away. He wasn't going to shoot her. He could actually see through her. She was gorgeous.

"I didn't mean to scare you. I had to phase to heal. I am so sorry. Shooting me won't do anything but waste a bullet so you will have to wait until I phase back. Thanks though." Nora glared at the guys.

"For what?" Ryker asked. He looked confused as he put his weapon away.

"Thanks for saving my life." Nora paused. "Oh, wait. That was me saving your life!" Nora felt like being sarcastic.

"Oh, right. Thanks." Ryker said. She glared at him and he smiled. "Thank you, Nora. You could have let us die."

"I wish that was true, Ryker. I really do. I'm not a monster and I couldn't let you die. Even if you are going to kill me." Nora was sad.

She couldn't stay with them and she knew that. She had to go. She would miss Soren. She shouldn't want to stay.

"So, you okay, Nora?" Soren asked. He watched her float above the floor. He looked at her marks. She had a lot of them.

"Sure. I'm feeling better. I think it's safe now. I can't feel it here. Where are we?" Nora looked around. They were in a hotel.

"A couple of towns away. We had to make sure it was safe. What did you do to that demon?" Soren took a step to her. He had bruises and cuts and his eye was swollen.

"And how did you get us to the car?" Ryker finished Soren's question.

Nora placed a foot on the floor and slowly became human. "First, I, uh, froze it a little. I should have tried harder, I think I could have killed it and second, I transported us, like ghosts do."

She stopped talking because Soren wrapped himself around her and kissed her. She was still waiting to die but it never came. She came up for air. "Okay. You talked me into it."

"What?" Soren looked confused. He wasn't letting go anytime soon.

"I will help you kill that thing. I kind of can't wait. You said it kidnapped people? How do you kill it?" She was curious.

"Marry her." Ryker said out of nowhere.

Nora laughed. "So, what do we do now?"

"Well, we have to figure out why it's here. Why it is taking people. Who is behind it. There is someone controlling it and if we find that person then we can stop it." Soren explained. He was ignoring his brother comment.