LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

A/N: We are getting to the end, if you're still with me! Enjoy!

They were standing in front of an old farm house that was fixed up. It was gorgeous. It was two story, yellow house with white trim. The porch was huge and probably a wrap around.

There were rocking chairs and a couple of swings. There was land as far as she could see. Trees and grass. There was a pond or lake somewhere close. She could sense water.

"Beautiful house." Nora was in awe. "Is this the place?" She wasn't sure this was the right house.

"You did a great job. Thanks, Nora. We grew up here. Come on." Soren held her hand and walked into the house. Ryker followed them. "Mom."

"In the kitchen. You boys back so soon! I wasn't expecting you for a couple of weeks!" Nora watched a tall woman turn around.

She looked like the guys but more feminine. She was pretty. Soren had her blue eyes and Ryker had her dark hair.

"Well, hello. I wasn't expecting company! Soren? You should have warned me." She looked at their hands. This girl was holding Soren's hand.

"Sorry, Mom." Soren smiled. "This is Nora. Nora this is Clara, our mom." He looked at his mom. "This wasn't a planned visit. We ran into a demon and we need to talk to Dad."

"Everything okay? Are you hurt?" She stared at them. She was ready to do a full body inspection. She knew what happened to Ryker the last time they found a demon.

"Mom. I'm fine." Ryker knew what she was thinking. "The demon is dead but we need to talk to Dad."

"He should be back tonight with your uncle. Do you have time?" She smiled and looked back to Nora.

"Cookies?" Soren smiled. "Mom makes the best chocolate chip cookies." He told Nora. Ryker agreed.

"I will work on them for after dinner. Start talking." She smiled.

"I met Nora on a hunt. She is awesome." Soren smiled.

"You hunt too?"

Ryker smiled. "Oh, she is complicated to the most spectacular degree, Mom. You don't want to know." He looked at Nora. "Mom isn't a hunter but she puts up with all of us and does all the worrying."

Nora nodded. She had no interest in talking.

"Uh, okay? Is this going to please your father?" She was curious.

"No. Not at all. Not in the least bit but I also don't care. I love Nora and we are going to get married." Soren was blunt.

Soren's mom glared at Nora. "Are you after their money because there will be a prenup. He has a great lawyer and you won't get a dime!" She figured that this little thing was after fame or money. Both. She was protecting her son.

Nora stared at Soren's mom. "What? No! I have no interest in his money. I have a great job and I'm going to school. I don't want anything from Soren and I would never hurt him." She was nervous and had to concentrate to keep from phasing.

"Mom. She isn't like the others. She's different but...I don't want you to judge her." Soren was nervous.

"She has saved us twice and helped kill the demon. We actually couldn't have done that without her." Ryker added to defend his sister-in-law. He liked Nora. Ryker elbowed Nora. "Don't take that as a compliment." Nora laughed and nodded.

"Well, that's different. So, you are all okay?" She was worried. Ryker never liked any of Soren's girls but they also never brought them home. This was interesting and she was going to have to get to know Nora. She looked at Soren for a minute longer. He actually looked happy. "Okay. Go wash up and help me with these cookies."

"Right. I'm giving Nora a quick tour too." He pulled her out of the kitchen and up some stairs that winded around. They stopped on the second flight and he pulled her into a room.

Nora heard the door close and Soren was wrapped around her. "Sorry about my mom. She is protective and I never bring girls home. Well, not in a long time."

Nora took a breath and phased. "Shit! Sorry....I was nervous."

Soren smiled. "Are you okay?"

Nora tried to phase back but she couldn't quite yet. She had to calm down. "This happens when I get nervous. I'm sorry."

"Did you do this when you met us?"

Nora sank to the floor. "Yes. After our first dinner and our first fight. I rushed to my room and freaked out. Hyde tried to help but you guys came up the stairs with the EMF meter and I glided to the haunted house."

Soren laughed. "That's what happened! I wondered what happened with that. We tracked you to the house but at the time I didn't realize that we were tracking you. I was scared that you were in that house making out with Hyde and I would have to kill him."

Nora laughed and phased back to human. "Thanks and no. I was already thinking about you too much. I was freaked out."

"Right. Surprised at how sexy I was in real life?" Soren smiled.

Nora nodded. He was very sexy. "Oh! I forgot to correct a lie I told you!" Nora saw a worried look. "No, nothing like what you're thinking. I did know who you were when I met you and I had watched a few episodes but it was for educational purposes not entertainment. I was freaking out when I heard you were coming. After that incident at the church, I never wanted to see you again and I hadn't watched any of the shows since then. I had enough. Then here you were!"

Soren pulled her to him and kissed her slowly. "You are never going to get rid of me now either. I hope you're okay with that!" He loved talking to her. "Let's go make cookies."

"With your mom." Nora was nervous. "She doesn't like me."

Soren laughed. "I didn't like you when we first met. She will love you in time. After your first fight." He smiled and pulled her down the stairs. "I think I fell in love with you after our first fight." They were back in the kitchen.

"Nora. Do you cook?" Clara asked.

Nora smiled. "No. Not at all. I love to eat though." She sighed. She was hungry.

"Oh, are you hungry?" Soren asked as he wrapped around her. She rubbed a hand down his arm and sighed. The contact was wonderful.

"I'm okay." Nora could wait for a while.

Clara watched them. "Are you pregnant?" It was the first thought she had.

Nora gasped and blushed and Soren laughed. "No! Mom!" He was embarrassed. He helped his mom make cookies and dinner and Ryker sat beside Nora. "You don't cook?"

Ryker laughed. "No. I hate to cook. I spend my time working on my houses and Soren brings me food. He's my bitch!"

Soren threw a towel at his brother and glared. "No more meals for you."

Ryker laughed. "I'm sorry!"

Nora smiled and looked up as Clara was staring at her. She knew that their mom had questions about Nora. Dinner was almost ready when Nora felt it. She stiffened. Something was coming! She gasped.

Soren was at her side. "What?"

"Something is coming!" She tried to keep from phasing. "It's here!"

At that moment, two men walked into the house. "It smells wonderful in here!" A man's deep voice came from a room off the kitchen. She was guessing it was a laundry room. She heard gear being dropped.

Thanks very much for reading and please don't forget to vote! ;)