Two

🥀

"The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." I mumbled, typing those words on the computer. I didn't pay attention to what Donald told us to do because I only pay attention to his gorgeous face. For about two hours, that sentence was typed and retyped onto the screen, only to be deleted again. How did I even get this job? How did I finish college with a master's? Wait, I remember, I started laughing at the memory on how I got my teachers to pass me. And no, I'm not telling you, yet.

"Something funny, Ms. Lawson, or should I say, Viola?" Donald walked up to me with his eyebrow raised, hands tucked in his pockets.

"I-" He looked at what I had on my computer and chuckled. "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog, huh?" He shook his head, still laughing. I still don't understand what's so funny. "Come on, I have to speak to you in my office." He pulled my chair out for me and walked to the office that used to belong to his father. Walking inside, I got a welcoming vibe from it. It was plain, but not too overbearing.

"Please, sit down." He pointed to the chair that was right in front of his desk. "Did I do something wrong? Am I getting fired?"

"No, not completely." He sighed. "It's about the company dinner two days ago. When you had a run in with my girlfriend, Christina." Oh, I thought it was because of me flirting with him. Then again, it could go both ways.