Fifteen

💫

Viola

"Viola, you had to what?!" Miles shouted once I got home. Immediately, I told Miles that I was no longer employed due to me quitting my job moments ago.

"I said, I had to quit my job."

"Wha-, why?"

"Because, deceit. That's why!" I yelled at him a little too loudly. I could tell that he was still confused, so I tried to relax myself a bit in order to fully explain the ordeal. "Look, Miles, I apologize for shouting. I'm just full of emotions right now, I don't even know how to tell you anything."

"Trust me, I'll understand. Just tell me what's on your mind?" Miles said, pulling me in for a hug. After taking a deep breath, I calmly explained how I had to quit my job. I explained how I felt I had unfinished business with my boss, and how I came to find out about his devious ways. How he planned to break the two of us up by faking photos of him cheating. And in a matter of minutes, Miles' facial expression went from confused, to incredibly angry.

"So I yelled, 'you're right it won't, because I qui-'. Wait, where are you going?" I asked Miles, who suddenly got up while I was in the middle of my sentence.

"To do something, don't worry about me." He mumbled, just simply grabbing his car keys, leather coat, and heading out the door. I don't know why, but I didn't stop him. I couldn't help but realize what I got myself in to. All this mess, stress, and heartbreaking, all because I wanted to seduce my boss. All because I can't control myself sexually. Not only that, I'm dragging an innocent life into this... wow...

💫

Two Months Later

"Now take a deep breath, and relax." Veronica whispered softly. I quietly exhaled while Miles held my stomach to comfort me. Currently, Veronica suggested for Miles and I to partake in prenatal yoga. According to her, it can help giving birth go smoother, and stimulates the mind. So I thought, why not? What could go wrong in this? I somehow felt better and more relaxed.

"Are you good, Viola?" Veronica asked.

"Yes, I'm fine."

"Alright, y'all can take a break while I raid the refrigerator for some ice cream and a drink." Veronica said as she got up, rolled up her mat, and skipped away to the kitchen. That left Miles and I alone to talk for a bit.

"Seven months down, and only two more to go. Can you believe it?" Miles asked.

"Honestly, no. Time flew by way too fast for my taste. It's been a bit painful, but I like it." I giggled while laying on his shoulder. He then smiled down at me, and started stroking my hair.

"And in the end, it'll all be worth it, when you give birth to our baby. The same baby I don't know the gender of." Miles playfully side eyed me. This man is constantly bugging me about our baby's gender, but I refuse to give it up. Why? Because I want it to be a special surprise. I know it's probably eating him up inside, but he'll be just as surprised as I was when I found out more about my pregnancy.

"I'll tell you when I'm giving birth, baby. Be patient." I laughed. He simply kissed his teeth and stood up. I waved him off and headed to my, well technically, our room to take a much needed nap. As I approached the bed to rest my head, I noticed something gleaming on the dresser in the reflection of the mirror. I raised my eyebrows and decided to take a closer look.