Eleven

💫

One Week Later...

"You're back, I missed you!" I jumped up with glee, hugging Miles the second he was in my presence. After not being with him for so long, I didn't want to let him go. I especially didn't want him to think that something went down while he was gone.

"I missed you too, baby!" Miles hugged me back tightly.

"So, I guess I never existed, huh?" Charlie walked up behind Miles and I. I glanced at him and loosed my grip on Miles. Charlie stood there with his arms extended, ready for my embrace.

I'm not going to lie, I missed Charlie just a bit more than I missed Miles. Charlie made everything amusing. From our dull ass work place, to our simple talks, he was full of life. Without him, I was completely dull. Well, except from the whole cheating on his older brother ordeal. I'll just forget about it, and hope that Miles doesn't find out. He would be crushed.

"How could I forget about Mr. Fresh himself?" I laughed, hugging Charlie like it would be my last time seeing him.

"No one can forget me, baby. Can the church say, 'amen'?" Charlie said in his best preacher impression. I haven't hear a person speak like that since I was fifteen. God, I need to take my rancid ass back to the house of the Lord.