prologue.

"We only see
each other at
weddings and
funerals."

ON THE TWELFTH hour of the first day of October 1989, 43 women around the world gave birth. This was unusual only in the fact that none of these women had been pregnant when the day first began. Sir Reginald Hargreeves, eccentric billionaire and adventurer, resolved to locate and adopt as many of the children as possible. He got seven of them.

THE THUNDER BEGAN to rumble joining forces with the already heavy rain, outside of the Hargreeves' mansion. The surviving siblings of the family made their way to where Ben's statue was standing, Luther Hargreeves leading the way.

"Did something happen?" Grace, their mother, asked her children.

They all turned to face their mother, with looks of confusion. Allison spoke up, "Dad died. Remember?"

Grace's smile was wiped off her face as a frown took over, her eyebrows furrowed, "Oh yes. Of course."

"Is mom okay?" Allison asked Diego, who opted to stand outside in the rainfall with no umbrella.

He lifted his head, "Yeah, yeah, she's fine. She just needs to rest, you know, recharge."

Luther took the liberty of spreading Sir Reginald Hargreeves' ashes, however, with no wind present, the ashes simply fell flat onto the ground.

None of the children wished to speak, and so Pogo did so, "In all regards, Sir Reginald Hargreeves made me what I am today. For that alone, I shall forever be in his debt. He was my master, and my friend, and I shall miss him very much. He leaves behind a complicated legacy-"

"He was a monster." Diego said, cutting him off. Klaus, the seance, chuckled at that comment, "He was a bad person and a worse father. The world is better off without him."

"Diego-" Allison warned him as she stood besides him.

Diego didn't even bother finishing, instead he looked up to his sister, "My name is Number Two. You know why? Because our father couldn't be bothered to give us actual names. He had mom do it. Look, you wanna pay your respects?" He made his way to the middle of the semi circle they had been standing in, "Go ahead. But at least be honest about the kind of man he was."

"You should stop talking now." Luther told him.

And yet, Diego faced him and continued, "You know, you of all people should be on my side here, Number One. After everything he did to you? He had to ship you a million miles away. That's how much he couldn't stand the sight of you!"

Luther grabbed his brothers arm and twisted it, and soon the two began to throw punches at one another on top of their fathers ashes.

"Stop it!" Vanya yelled only to have Klaus yell the opposite.

The brothers continued to hurt one another until Diego moved out of the way of Luthers punch, it landing on the statue of their brother Ben. Ben's statue came crashing down, shattering into pieces.

"And there goes Ben's statue." Allison said under her breath.

Diego pulled out a knife from his pocket and threw it at Luther having it graze his massive arms. Still, blood poured out of his brothers arm, and everyone who was once outside headed indoors. Diego found his mother, lost and confused, and took her inside.

Soon after, Vanya opened the door, walking to her taxi. As she walked out, Odette Castellan walked in, Vanya too invested in her thoughts to hear Odette's hello.

Odette walked into the massive mansion, it somehow feeling bigger than when they were children. With the massive bouquet in her one hand, and coffee in the other, she walked over to the kitchen hoping the siblings would be there.

"An entire square block. Forty-two bedrooms, 19 bathrooms, but no, not a single drop of coffee." She heard a familiar voice state, a voice that she had not heard in over a decade.

"I have... coffee." She said, looking at Number Five who hadn't aged a day. Klaus, Allison, and Number Five all turned their heads to see who was speaking.

Number Five walked up to Odette, took the coffee from her hands and took a long sip, "I knew I liked you."

"Odette?" Allison whispered.

All she could do was nod her head, "Where can I put these?" She asked regarding the massive bouquet in her hand. Allison immediately took it out of her hands and placed it on the table, before giving her a hug.

"I've missed you so much, O." Allison said to her, but before Odette could say anything, another figure had joined their hug.

"I've missed you, too." Klaus said, resting his head in the crook of her neck from behind her.

Allison stepped away from the hug, but Klaus was still there, not wanting to let go of her no matter how hard she tried to get away.

"Odette?" A strong voice said from behind them.

"Good luck!" Klaus told her and ran off taking Allison with him.

Odette turned to face the person behind her. Although she knew who he was, and although she was there for his father's passing, she was hoping she wouldn't have to see him.

"Hi, Diego."