↳ eight

"are youthreatening me?"

"are you
threatening me?"

Diego and Odette had picked up Klaus from the Hargreeves home after Klaus practically begging them to give him a ride. Both Odette and Diego had known that he was tortured by Hazel and Cha-Cha, but neither of them knew how to speak to him about it.

"Right here." Klaus mumbled through the vodka bottle in his hand and Diego pulled over.

Diego watched as Klaus walked inside, then turned to Odette, "He'll be fine, right?"

She turned her head to the side and looked back at the building, "I don't know. That's a veterans bar, Diego. He doesn't look old enough to be a veteran."

"But he - oh, shit." Diego said, pulling into the parking lot.

The two of them immediately got out of the car and jogged towards the door to the bar, letting themselves in. Klaus was standing in front of the wall that had pictures of different groups that were sent to foreign wars. Odette and Diego watched as his face lit up at the sight of a picture, then automatically tears began falling from his eyes.

"Hey, Dave." They heard him whisper will holding the frame, then wiping the tears away with his hands.

Diego placed a hand on his shoulder and Klaus turned around to see him, "Just go away please."

"Not until you talk to me." Diego told Klaus.

Klaus let out a sigh, "Is that a threat? Are you threatening me?"

Diego was about to answer when a voice from behind him called for them. The two brothers, along with Odette, turned to face the man.

With one hand in his pocket, he spoke, "This bar? For vets only."

"I am a vet." Klaus said, loud enough for him to hear.

Odette intervened, "I'm sorry, sir, as you can see he is not in the right headspace. He's clearly had too much to drink and we will get him out of here as soon as we can."

Klaus chuckled at what Odette had told him, "No. I am a vet. I have a right to be here as much as you, asshole."

The man began to walk up to Klaus, but Diego got in his way, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hey, slow down, Marine. Like the lady said, he's just had too much to drink."

"I want him to apologize." The Marine told Diego, talking about Klaus.

"I'm sorry. He's sorry. She's sorry. We are all very sorry." Diego told the man, "So, are we good?"

"I want him to say it." The man states, pointing at Klaus.

"Hey, sir -" Odette spoke.

"No, no, it's fine Odette. I'd like to apologize," Klaus started, "that you are depriving some village of their idiot!"

The man swung at Klaus who only ducked and dodged the punch, then head butted him. The rest of the veterans in the room turned to the trio and began attacking them. With a few knives, some punches, and many head butts, the trio somehow made their way out the door and to Diego's car. All three of them panted as Diego drove out of the parking lot and into a random alley.

"You've got a big mouth, you know that?" Diego asked, looking over at his brother.

Both Odette and Klaus chuckled and Klaus looked back at him, "What a truly shocking revelation, Diego."

"Is everything just a big joke to you?" Diego asked, looking at Klaus as he fumbled to take out some pills from its little bag. Odette got comfortable in her seat, knowing this was a family matter. "Would you stop it?"

Diego reached over to Klaus and pulled the drugs out of his hand. Klaus proceeded to pound his fists against his thighs.

"Why are you putting this shit in your body?" Diego asked him, holding the pills as far away from Klaus as he could. Klaus rolled his eyes and let out a sigh, then Diego lifted his shirt up, "Check this out."

He tapped against his abdomen, "My body is a temple."

Odette snickered from the backseat, "It's a what, now?"

"All that shit you do, man, it's just a weakness." Diego said, looking away from Klaus.

"Wow, really? Well, weaknesses feel so good." Klaus told him as he reached inside of his other pocket, pulling out more pills.

Diego turned back around and smacked Klaus in the head, "What is going on with you?"

"Don't hit him!" Odette said.

Klaus looked at her, "She's right! Don't hit me, asshole."

Diego ignored them both, "Don't tell me everything is all right, because I saw you in there. You were crying like a baby!"

"Diego..." Odette whispered, knowing that if anyone felt pain, Diego would understand.

"I lost someone!" Klaus shouted back at him. Diego's mouth stayed open, not knowing that Klaus had once loved and fallen in love before. "I lost someone. The only person I've ever truly loved more than myself, sorry, Odette."

"No need to be sorry." She said as she rested her head on Diego's seat.

"Well, you're luckier than most." Diego told him, "When you lose someone at least you can see them whenever you want."

Klaus didn't have the heart to tell him that he could no longer see Dave, and so he let his brother believe he could. Odette looked behind them, spotting a man, "Is that him?"

The brothers looked through their mirrors, "Yeah, that's him."

Klaus spoke up after Diego, "I know him. He and a really angry lady tortured me. I barely got out with my life."

The three of them watched as he pulled out of Griddie's Doughnuts. Diego started the engine, "We gotta get this guy."

(a/n)!
idk what I'm doing anymore. this story is going downhill...

anyway if anyone wants a dedication in my new book let me know! I'm adding a ton of people. it's gonna be a book revolving around the greek gods and it's a super diverse cast and I am so excited for it! so yeah, if you want a dt in it, just comment here