↳ six

"Make me, bitch

"Make me, bitch."

The next morning, Odette woke up early enough to go on a walk that would help clear her head after what had happened the night before. As she passed through the middle of the town, she looked around her to see how much it had changed. The town she once knew as a happy place had changed. Maybe it was because she was no longer an innocent child, but everything seemed to be dull and lifeless. She walked halfway across town before heading into a small coffee shop that was just opening for the day.

Odette asked for a medium black coffee and the barista poured her a freshly brewed cup.  After thanking him, she walked out of the shop and began to walk back home.

She got to the intersection and waited for the cars to pass so that she could walk across the street, but as she looked around her, she spotted a familiar face. Odette turned around and walked down the street, opposite of where she had to go.

"Diego? What are you doing here?" She asked, motioning to the random porch he was sitting on.

He looked up at her with tears in his eyes, and Odette sighed then sat down next to him. She handed him the coffee she had taken a sip out of.

"Want to talk about it?" She asked, her voice much more gentle than usual tone.

"Klaus and Five are missing, my mother is dead, and Eudora hates me." Diego blatantly stated as he took a sip from her coffee.

Odette furrowed her eyebrows, "What do you mean Five and Klaus are missing? Klaus was at home yesterday!"

"He was?" Diego asked her, not recalling much from the night before.

She nodded her head, "Yeah. He was. Do you think they took him?"

Diego shrugged his shoulders, "I think he's doing what he does best and that is getting high off his ass."

Odette chuckled at Diego, "You know, if you guys want him sober, you should probably help."

"Klaus doesn't know what sober means,"  Diego told Odette, not even joking one bit.

Odette sighed, "I don't think Eudora hates you. You can't hate someone you once loved. Actually, wait, never mind I hate my ex, but then again maybe I never really loved him to begin with? I don't know. What I do know is that you and Eudora have been through some shit, and as much as it hurts you, respect her wishes."

Tears began forming in Diego's eyes, "I know. It's just so damn hard."

Odette gently grabbed Diego's head and put it on her shoulder, then wrapped her arm around him, "Letting go of someone you love is the hardest thing you'll ever have to do."

Diego's head remained on her shoulder as the two of them stayed in that position for a while, not speaking to one another, simply just comforting the other person. A few minutes passed by and Diego sat back upwards, then finished the rest of Odette's coffee.

"Thank you." Diego told her, looking down at the empty cup.

Odette continued watching people pass by and without looking at Diego she asked, "For what?"

"For being my best friend," Diego started, "and for comforting me when I need it. But especially for not telling anyone how soft and emotional I really am."

"Oh, honey, you may throw knives, but the true badass in this friendship is me." Odette stated in a joking manner, but Diego knew that she was right and that she would always be right.

Diego chuckled at her, "Shut up."

"Make me, bitch." She shot back at him, and before he was able to even touch her, she had already gotten up and jogged far away, "See you later!"

Diego smiled at her as she continued walking away then laughed to himself as he shook his head. He stood up from the concrete stairs and cracked his back, then walked off in the direction of his home.

(a/n!)
this was short and ugly and i'm so sorry it took so long to update!! i've been super busy with school and i had to go to the hospital last night so yeah lol i promise the next chapter will be so much better