↳ nine

"I was just trying tobring you breakfast

bring you breakfast."

Luther walked into Diego's room without knocking, causing Odette to quickly wake up from her slumber. She put her hand over her heart as she sat in the bed, "You scared me!"

"Oh shit!" Luther yelled back and walked out of the room, "Are you decent?"

"Yeah! You can come back in." Odette told him as she stretched her arms.

Luther walked back in, "Sorry. Is Diego here?"

Odette looked around the room then raised an eyebrow at Luther, "I don't see him here, do you?"

"Sorry," Luther stuttered, "I just thought that he would be next to you."

Odette rolled her eyes, "Diego and I are not sleeping together."

Luther nodded his head, "Right, best friends and all that."

The two stared at one another awkwardly, then Luther backed out of the room and closed the door behind him. Odette fixed her hair then opened the blinds to let some sunlight into the room. She groaned at the light then grabbed her phone and looked at the time.

"10:04 am? What monster wakes someone up so early?" She whispered to herself then flopped back onto the bed, pulling the covers over her head.

Odette got comfortable in the bed, but as soon as she found the perfect position, someone knocked on the door. Odette let out a loud sigh, "Go away!"

"Damn, I was just trying to bring you breakfast." Diego's voice from the other side of the door said.

Odette sat up in the bed, "Okay, you can come in, I guess."

Diego opened the door with one hand, while holding a tray in the other. He set it down on the edge of his childhood bed, then sat down next to it.

"Pancakes, fruits, and French toast? Oh, a flower? What have I done to deserve this?" Odette asked Diego in a sarcastic voice. Diego laughed at her then pushed the tray closer to her and she immediately took it and began to eat.

Diego watched Odette stuff her face and Odette looked up as she was halfway through the third pancake, "What?"

"Nothing," Diego said, "How did you sleep?"

"Good. Does your brother know-"

"He doesn't know shit." Diego said, cutting her off.

Odette chuckled at his comment, "I was gonna say, does he know that no sane human wakes before 12? What is his problem? I was trying to sleep until 1 today."

Diego smiled and rolled his eyes, knowing damn well that Odette was the only person in his life who could sleep until 4pm and think it would be okay. He looked at her, "Sweetheart, no sane human wakes up as late as you do."

"Whatever," Odette responded as she cut the French toast to fit her mouth, "The idiot was looking for you, by the way."

Diego furrowed his eyebrows, "Luther?"

Odette nodded her head as she shoved the French toast in her mouth. Diego got up to go to Luther, but Odette grabbed his hand, "Take this pancake for the road."

She handed him a single pancake and he folded it in half then took a bite, "Thanks, I'll make sure my trip to the living room goes well."

Odette threw her hands in the air, "Man, in this massive house, shit can happen."

"Shit does happen in this house," Diego tells her even though she already knew that.

She pointed the fork in her hand at him that had a little piece of strawberry on it, "Exactly!"

Diego leaned forward and took the strawberry off the fork then ran out of the room, not wanting to hear Odette yell at him for taking away her favorite fruit. Using the same fork, she got another piece of food and mumbled some curse words under her breath that were supposed to be directed at Diego.

"Hey, Diego!" She heard Klaus yell from outside. He barged into the room that Odette was in enjoying her food, "You're not Diego."

"Clearly not. Why is everyone looking for him anyway?" Odette asked Klaus who tried to take food off her plate, but Odette swatted his hand away instead.

"Rude. I'm looking for him because I love him." Klaus told her then twirled and left the room, holding up his 'goodbye' tattooed palm up.

Odette furrowed her eyebrows and looked down at her plate, then whispered to herself, "What the fuck is happening in his house?" Rolling her eyes, she ate the last piece of food that was on her plate then moved the tray off the bed and onto the side table.

She sunk into the bed and made herself comfortable in the mountain of pillows, trying to get the cold side of the pillow to be facing upwards. Odette pulled the covers over her body and rolled herself up in the soft comforter. She closed her eyes and relaxed her body, letting herself drift off into sleep.

"Diego!" Odette heard Five shout.

Before he could enter the room, Odette opened her mouth, "Fuck off!"

(a/n)!
this was a filler chapter but i wanted to make it more lighthearted than the rest of the book. i haven't been in town for the past week which is why i haven't been active on here!

butttt i'm finally 18 & legal and i'm so excited to be 18 y'all have no idea

lol ok i hope y'all enjoyed the chapter!