↳ seven

"Don't call mean idiot

"Don't call me
an idiot."

Luther and Diego looked down at their brother as he laid on Diego's bed completely hungover. The two had found him in a library with his beloved Delores in his arms, passed out in a corner. As they spoke amongst themselves about Five's condition, the sound of footsteps were heard coming from outside and immediately, Diego grabbed a knife.

Diego walked up the few stairs and held the door handle. He quickly pulled the door open with the knife in his hand and Al, the owner of the boxing place, shouted at Diego, "You throw another one of those goddamn lives at me, I'm pressing charges."

Diego and Luther calmed down, then Diego fully opened the door, "What do you want, Al?"

The older man walked into the room, "I ain't your secretary." Diego nodded his head then Al continued, "Some lady called for you. She said she needs your help."

Diego went back down the steps, "What lady?"

"I don't know. Some detective. I think she said her name was Blotch or something." Al told him. Diego looked at his brother then back at Al.

"She needs my help." He said to himself then grabbed the paper in Al's hand.

"She needs you to meet her at that hotel, the dump on Calhoun. She called like half an hour ago." Al turned to face the door and as he was walking out he said, "She said she found your brother."

Both Luther and Diego looked over at Five, then at each other wondering what brother Detective Patch could have found.

Diego furrowed his eyebrows, "That makes no sense." In an instant, both of them realized she had found Klaus, and so Diego ran out of the room.

-

Diego ran around the rooms of the motel on Calhoun, until he came across one room that had the door opened. He shouted for Klaus and Detective Patch, hoping one of them would be there. As he looked inside the room, his gaze fell on Detective Patch who was laying on the floor, face down.

A pool of blood surrounded her body and Diego took his gloves off, almost falling on top of her body, yelling for her to be okay. He turned her lifeless body over and pressed on the gunshot wound in her chest.

"No, no, no, no, cmon, please." He murmured as he watched her, the tears falling from his eyes. Diego began pounding his hand on the floor next to her from the frustration and anger that had been flowing through his body.

His hand moved to her hair as he pushed it out of the way, holding her head up with his other hand. The faint sound of police sirens began getting louder and he looked down at her again. Through his tears he said, "I gotta go, okay? I can't be here when they find me."

Diego gently put her body back down on the ground and without saying goodbye, he got up and began to walk out of the room. As he reached down for his gloves and many knives that had fallen out of his holders, he noticed a receipt on the table for a doughnut shop. Placing the receipt in his pocket, he walked out of the room. Diego looked at Eudora Patch's body once again, took a deep breath, then ran out of the room.

As fast as he could, whether it was legally or not, Diego got back to his home and almost broke the door down trying to get inside. He sprinted towards Five who was now awake, but was held back by Luther.

"This is all your fucking fault! It's your fault we got shot up, it's your fault people are dead!" Diego screamed at Five.

Luther looked at Diego, "What?"

"Oh you didn't know? Well, our brother here has been pretty damn busy! He was at Griddie's, he's the reason why those psychos are after us. Not to mention, he's the reason why Detective Patch was killed!" Diego told Luther and a long silence fell upon them.

"Patch is dead?" A small, gentle voice from the other side of the room said.

Diego turned around and looked at Odette, "Since when were you here?"

"I asked her to come here to help with Five." Luther told Diego who was pacing the room at this point. He then turned back to Five, "Who are they?"

Five looked down at his hands, "They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler. She sent them to stop me and as soon as Diego's friend got in the way, well, fair game."

"And now they're my fair game and I'm gonna see to it they pay." Diego told Five and turned back towards the door.

"Diego!" Odette shouted, "Where are you going?"

She got up and ran after him, "Leave me alone, Odette!"

"I asked you a question, Diego. Where the hell are you going?" She shot back at him and grabbed his arm, turning him around.

Letting out a deep sigh, he answered, "The motel."

"You're gonna need a fresh pair of eyes if you want to figure all of this shit out. Stop doing everything on your own, ask for help sometimes, you idiot." She told him in a stern voice, waving her hands around.

"Don't call me an idiot," was all Diego could say before she had walked in front of him and lead the way to his car.

(a/n)!
god i hate this chapter so much 🤮 it's actually so bad and i'm so sorry my writing has been slacking lately. I haven't been feeling good these past few days so my health is really taking a toll on my writing.