↳ one

"you? in a relationship?I dont think so

I dont think so."

"What, uh, what are you doing here?" Diego spoke, trying hard to not stutter on his words. He awkwardly shifted his body to be leaning against the door frame.

Odette motioned her hands to the flowers, "I just heard about your fathers passing and I wanted to make sure everyone was okay."

"Everyone?" Diego inquired, moving closer to her.

Odette took a step back, "Yeah, everyone."

"I'm sorry, I have to go." He told Odette, and that was when she noticed the gym bag hanging from his shoulder.

He walked away and Klaus appeared out of nowhere, "Are we leaving?"

"No, I'm leaving. Me. By myself." He whispered back to Klaus who just clapped his hands and went to fetch his things.

Odette walked out of the house before Diego could notice and went to sit in his car, knowing he always forgot to lock it. She crawled in the backseat, then heard footsteps and knew it was him. As soon as he put his bag down, she tapped on his shoulder.

"What the fuck?" He yelled, turning around to grab her hand. When Diego realized it was her, he let go, only to be scared by Klaus opening the other door.

"Hey, Diego! Oh, hi, Odette. You know, every time I close my eyes I see a diarrhetic hippo about to shit on my face. It's terrifying!" Klaus told him, as Diego mumbled under his breath then drove off quickly.

Everyone in the car was silent, including Klaus which came as a shock to Odette. However, they soon pulled up to a waterfront and Diego stepped out of the car, not saying a word to anyone. Odette also stepped out, but leaned against the door on the drivers side, watching Diego play with the object in his hand.

"Yoo-hoo! Diego! I hate to rush you through any kind of brooding moment you might be having, but come on man, the three of us are starving!" Klaus yelled out.

"Klaus!" Odette whispered back, "The three of us?"

Klaus nodded his head, "Me, you, and Ben."

Odette turned away from him with a confused look on her face, making eye contact with Diego who was just as puzzled as her. Diego tossed what was in his hand and walked back to where Odette was, "Who is he talking about?"

"Ben." She told him and worry took over Diego's face as he crawled into the drivers seat, waiting for Odette to get in.

She sat in the front as opposed to the back where she previously was, and the two of them heard Klaus mumbling words under his mouth.

"I'm craving eggs. No, It's too late for eggs. Waffles, huh? You like waffles right?" He asked Ben who was apparently on his right side. "Of course you do. Everybody likes waffles."

Diego overheard chatter on the police radio and turned to Klaus, "I'm gonna drop you off at the bus stop. I gotta get back to work."

Klaus' expression dropped as did his voice, "What, brewing bones and cracking skulls?" Odette heard his voice crack and turned to Klaus who looked as if he was moments away from crying.

She turned her attention back to Diego, "Saving lives, baby."

Instead he turned to Ben, "Well, I guess it's frozen waffles again. Yeah, I could do egg and bacon, but I'm trying to cut down on my pig products."

Odette watched as Diego put on his black mask, just as he used to when they were kids. He drove off into the night, ignoring her and Klaus.

They pulled into the taped off parking lot of a doughnut shop, police officers entering in the shop, sirens being heard from everywhere. Diego put the car in park and got out of it, Odette opening her doors well.

"Stay in the car!" He yelled out and so she listened to him, knowing that he was just doing what he had always done - protecting her.

Diego quickly made his way inside, trying to not be seen by any of the officers. He posed himself as a detective and asked the waitress who was working if she had seen anything. The waitress believed his credentials, of course, and told him everything. He thanked her and walked out from the back, only to be stopped by someone.

"Shit. Hang on. Let me explain." The detective didn't listen, and tased him instead. Once he was on the ground, she rolled her eyes and handcuffed him, them woke him up.

"You do not talk to my witnesses, understand?" She told Diego as she dragged him to the cop car.

"Let me catch you up to speed, Eudora." Diego said, wanting to explain what the witness had seen inside.

At this moment, Odette looked up from her phone to see the exchange. She rolled her eyes at Diego, which he caught and sent a smirk her way. Odette got into the drivers seat, knowing he would need to get his ass out of the situation he got himself in.

However, she also noticed how close Diego and the Detective seemed and knew there was a lot Diego had to tell her. The car didn't drive off immediately, so Odette walked up to the window, "You're an idiot. You know that?"

"Ouch."

"Why can't you just leave this shit alone? Why do you always have to get into police business?" Odette questioned him.

He chuckled, "You know, I thought you would ask me who she was."

"Yeah, you guys hooked up. Multiple times. It's obvious." She said, practically yelling it out for everyone around them to hear.

"Shhhh! And it was more than that." Diego whispered to her, getting comfortable in his seat.

Odette started laughing, "You? In a relationship? I don't think so."

"Ma'am," an unfamiliar voice said and the two of them turned to face a young officer, "As much as I like having you hang around the car, I really need take him in."

Odette smiled back at the officer who looked very cute under the hat, "Of course, officer." She turned to Diego, "Have fun, stupid."

(a/n)!
i hope you all like this! no chapter will be more than 1000 words. thanks for the support!