↳ two

"you know I love you, right?"

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"you know I love you, right?"

"Tell them to run it again." Detective Patch said, handing the bloody knife from the crime scene back to the person who gave it to her. As soon as he walked away, Diego was brought to her with the cuffs still on him.

"Uncuff him," she told the police officer. Diego sat down at the chair next to her table and grabbed a paper off of it, only to have it snatched back.

"Did you talk to the tow truck guy?" Diego asked her, but she rolled her eyes.

"Shut up, and listen carefully. If you interfere in another one of my investigations," Diego scoffed at this, "you so much as breathe on one of my witnesses or touch a piece of evidence, i'll charge you with obstruction of justice."

Diego was in shock. His mouth was open, and his eyes were wide as he stared back at the detective, "Damn. You need to relax, Eudora. Look, I know you. You like playing by the rules, but you live for putting the scumbags away. So, why don't you put that badge down for one night," he moved forward in his chair, getting closer to her, "and you come out on the streets with me? Without all this bullshit."

The detective furrowed her eyebrows, "You're right, that sounds super fun, but i think you missed some things when you got yourself thrown out of the police academy, so let me explain. this bullshit is what gets convictions in a court of law. What you do out there is a fantasy. I would love to play cops and robbers, wear a mask, and feel important, but guess what? Recess is over. It's grown up time. You're still tryna prove that when you were kids, all that running around in those stupid uniforms wasn't for nothing." Diego was obviously upset, as he leaned back in his chair not looking at her, "Yeah, I know you too, Diego. Now leave before I change my mind. Oh and, someone is here for you."

The detective pointed to Odette who was talking to the different people that were arrested. Diego walked away from the detective and gently grabbed Odette's arm, "Let's go."

"Wait, Diego! I was making friends!" Odette told him in a playful tone, but he didn't listen to her.

She shook her hand free of his grasp, "So, you gonna tell me who the detective is?"

Diego opened the door of the police station and walked out, Odette following closely behind, "It's not important."

"Diego, just tell me!" Odette was furious. All he had done since she came back was annoy her, the least he could do was tell her what happened between him and Eudora.

He stopped in his tracks and turned around, "As my best friend, I really want you to stop asking me."

Odette scoffed, "Your best friend? You mean the one you haven't talked to in ten years? Really, Diego? A fucking phone call would've been nice!"

Diego let out a sarcastic laugh, "You mean when you were in France? Or Italy? Or maybe when you were in Sweden? When did you want me to call you, huh?"

Tears formed in Odette's eyes, "A call after my daughter died would have been really fucking great, Diego."

"Wait, what?" Diego asked, softening his voice. He walked up to her to give her a hug, but she slipped past him and found herself a taxi.

She got into the taxi, wiping her tears away, "Uh, take me to the closest bar."

-

Diego got back to the boxing academy, and after saying hi to everyone he walked to the boiler room where he had been living. As soon as he got to the door, the small piece of tape he had left on the door frame, was broken. Diego quickly grabbed a knife from the many he had hanging on him, and quietly cracked open the door.

With the little gap he had, he threw the knife that went straight next to the person's head, "Ow!"

"I could smell it was you." Diego said, walking into the room, turning the lights on and taking off his gloves.

Luther looked up at him, "What the hell?" He pulled the knife out from where it had landed, "You could've killed me."

Diego sighed, "If I wanted you dead, you'd be dead."

Luther stood up from his seat, holding the knife up, letting Diego take it from him. Luther looked around the room, "It's a nice place."

Diego chuckled, "I like it." He took off the garment that was holding his knives, and gently set it down.

"So why didn't you tell me?" Luther asked, looking at his brother.

"Tell you what?" Diego responded, walking towards his fridge.

Luther held a poster up, "That you were fighting the night dad died. I checked with the guys out there."

Diego closed the fridge door and looked at his brother, "Yeah well, I shouldn't have to prove my innocence to you or anyone else in this family." He cracked the raw egg that was in his hand, and swallowed it just like that.

Luther stuttered, "Yeah, I just thought that-"

"I know what you thought. Now, you have a nice day, brother." Diego firmly told him, and Luther put the poster down on the table.

"All right," he nodded and walked out of Diego's little home, closing the door behind him.

Just as Diego was about to sit down, he got a message from Allison telling him to meet her at a bar. He clicked on the address, grabbed a couple knives, and headed out of the boxing academy.

-

Diego opened the door of the bar, and walked in, immediately spotting Allison who was standing up, back against the door. As he walked up to them, he noticed another person there who, unlike Allison, was sitting. He placed a hand on Allison's back to let her know he was there and Allison turned to him.

"What did you do?" She whispered to him, and even though he knew how stupid he had been, he would never admit it to his sister. Allison shook her head and Diego, gave Odette a hug, and walked out.

"Odette,"

"I really don't wanna hear it, Diego." She told him, taking a sip of the massive glass of beer that was in front of her.

"I didn't know." He whispered, fiddling with his fingers.

She turned to him with a confused look on her face, "Everyone knew."

"You know, you're always saying 'everyone', but I'm not everyone." Diego told her, trying incredibly hard to not stumble over his words. Odette mumbled something under her breath and Diego moved forward, "What?"

"I know, Diego. I know you're not everyone. It's just easier to say that you are." She told him, playing with the rim of her cup rather than looking at him.

Diego was suddenly overcome with emotion, "You-you know that I, I love you. R-right?"

Hearing him stutter broke Odette's heart, but she couldn't cry today, not again, "I know, Diego. I love you, too, dude."

(a/n)!
let me know what you guys thought! were you expecting her to have had a kid?

𝐘𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐑 | DIEGO HARGREEVES | ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें