↳ ten

"five is alittle

"five is a
little... crazy."

The Hargreeves siblings minus Vanya sat in the living room. Diego had taken over the couch, Klaus was on the floor, Luther was sitting on a barstool and Allison was leaning against a table. After they had finally pulled Odette out of bed, she had made coffee for herself then later ended up making more after Luther had broken the news of the apocalypse.

"Come to think of it, the bastard did mention the apocalypse. Just not how soon it would be." Klaus said, getting comfortable in his position.

"Are we sure?" Allison asked, "Five is a little... crazy."

"He was pretty convincing," Luther told them, "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse from happening, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

Odette sat down next to Klaus on the floor then raised her hand, "So you're telling me that the world is ending in three days and those two people want to let it happen?"

Luther nodded his head, "Apparently, we all fought together against who was responsible..." Luther looked around the room, not finishing his sentence, then awkwardly standing up, "So, here's the plan."

Everyone in the room looked at one another then back at Luther and began to question him. Finally, Diego raised his voice, "What are you not telling us?"

Luther raised the coffee mug up to his lips and whispered, "We died."

Odette raised an eyebrow and began chuckling, then Allison walked forward, "What was that?"

Luther coughed and raised his voice slightly higher, "I said, uh, we died."

Diego's eyes widened at the sound of that, Klaus dropped his head, and Allison looked at Luther in complete shock. Odette stood up and walked up to Luther, taking his cup out of his hands.

"Did I accidentally put something in here?" She asked, taking a sip of his coffee. She shook her head, "Nope. Tastes normal. Klaus, what did you give him?"

"Me? I didn't give him nothing! Maybe he's right." Klaus told her.

All five of them looked between one another and let out a heavy sigh. They all moved to the table where Luther began telling them the plan, but soon they were cut off by Vanya's voice.

"What's going on?" Vanya asked them as they turned around to see her standing in the living room with Leonard Peabody.

Allison licked her lips, "It's a family matter."

Vanya chuckled, "Is that why you didn't bother to include me?"

Luther shook his head, "No, it's not like that. We were just-"

Vanya pulled her scarf around her neck, "Don't let me interrupt."

Allison walked after her sister, "Wait. I'll fill you in when we're alone."

Vanya looked at Leonard then back at her sister and shook her head, "Please, don't bother."

"Vanya, that's not fair."

"Fair?" She asked, raising an eyebrow, "Being your sister is not fair. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. And I used to think it was dad's fault, but he's dead, so it turns out you're the assholes."

Vanya left the room quickly with Leonard following closely behind, and the siblings returned back to what they were working on.

Luther spoke up, "We need to find out what causes the apocalypse. There are loads of possibilities, nuclear war, asteroids, but I'm thinking this is about the moon."

"Holy shit, Luther," Odette said, sighing loudly, "Not everything is about the damn moon."

Klaus and Diego chuckled under their breath, while Luther took her words to heart, "I'm not saying everything is about the moon, but dad sent me there for a reason. I mean, I was giving him daily updates on the conditions, I sent field samples, so I think we need to find his research."

"Luther, I'm gonna say this once, and one time only. Your father sent you to the moon for no fucking reason. Your research was for nothing, so please, for the love of Athena, stop bringing up the moon." Odette told him, her voice not wavering as she got closer and closer to him.

Klaus and Diego looked at one another and nodded their heads, then Luther asked, "Athena?"

"What? So yall can be siblings with powers and Athena can't exist? Shut up." She stated as a matter of factly and took a sip from her coffee.

Diego grabbed her hand and pulled her back to his side, knowing if she got any closer to Luther, she would probably hurt him. He looked over at Odette and whispered in her ear, "I know he's annoying, but please stop."

Odette rolled her eyes at Diego, "No. Make me more breakfast then we can talk about me leaving your dumbass brother alone."

"I'm gonna go after Hazel and Cha-Cha." Diego told his family as he got up and began to walk away.

"Wait!" Luther said, "I know you wanna avenge your friend, but-"

Diego groaned, "She wasn't just a friend, Luther! If we're all gonna die, I'm gonna be the one to kill the two of them."

The two began to bicker back and forth, but Klaus caught Odette's attention. She watched as he sat on the couch, face pale, hands shaking, and sweat dripping from his body. Klaus turned and began to speak to someone who was sitting next to him, and Odette realized that he was talking to Ben.

Klaus then got up from the couch, and began walking towards the front of the house. Luther stopped him, "You don't care that we're all gonna die in three days?"

Klaus groaned and held his stomach, but without saying a word he walked away. Odette watched as he left the room, then turned to Luther who was now facing Allison.

"I guess it's just us," he said, looking at Allison while he completely ignored Odette.

Allison shook her head at him, "I have to book a flight to LA. If this happens, I have to be with my daughter. We don't have a chance at winning this, I'm sorry, Luther."

Allison walked out of the room, leaving Odette and Luther behind. Odette went up to him, "If it makes you feel any better, I'm down to help."

"It doesn't." He stated, not bothering to look at her.

Odette rolled her eyes at him then began to leave the room, "This is why no one likes you, Luther."

(a/n)!

remember when I said the world wouldn't be ending in this book? well, I lied. or maybe I didnt. I don't know, we'll see what I feel like writing.

Also, I wrote this in 20 minutes and didnt feel like proofreading so it's probably trash with a bunch of spelling mistakes lmao enjoy!

uhm also if yall could do me a solid and watch that video I attached that would be so cool and I would love you forever!!! ((sorry for the self promo lmao))