Chapter 6: Cubs

As Jordan's car pulled into a huge turn-around driveway, Arron couldn't help but stare up at the giant mansion looming over them. It had to have at least eight bedrooms, and was god-knows how many square feet. Jordan noticed his jaw hanging down and laughed, drawing Arron's attention over to him.

"I guess it is a rather big house, but we often have people from out of town staying over, so the rooms are surprisingly full most times."

Oh, well, that made sense then. But still, it must be awesome to grow up in such a huge house. Arron could just see all the lion cubs running down the halls playing together. It was a cute thought, though he hoped that he didn't end up becoming their new toy.

"I'm going to head inside and grab Rylan to help you with your stuff. He'll show you to one of the guest rooms, too."

Great.

"Sounds good." Arron mumbled.

"Here, hand me your leftovers, I'll put them in the fridge." Jared said.

Arron did as told, then swung his backpack over his shoulder and grabbed a suitcase before following Jordan inside.

"Rylan! Help bring in our new guest's suitcase and show him to his room."

Holy booming voice, Batman... He was going to have to get used to that so his instincts didn't go crazy. As it stood, he was pretty darn close to shifting right there from nerves alone, and that was the last thing he wanted to do in a house full of lions.

His eyes lifted from where they had settled on the carpet when Rylan came running down the long, winding staircase in front of them. He froze for a moment as their eyes met and Rylan's flared a bright gold, but he clearly knew better than to mess with him right in front of his father, and quickly reigned in his beast.

"Hey, Arron. Looks like we're going to be living together for awhile. Nice to have you."

I already want to hiss at you again.

Arron peeked up at Jordan to see him smiling at his son.

"Good, you know each other already." Jordan said, nodding. He then quickly headed toward where Arron assumed the kitchen or dining room was in the next room. As soon as he was gone, though, Arron was shoved up against the wall in the hallway and lifted by the front of his shirt, his feet dangling off of the ground as Rylan leaned in to whisper a growl into his ear.

"Listen, little kitten. This is my house and my territory. When dad's not around you better be submissive to me, or I'll put you on your back."

He didn't exactly have an argument that was worth starting a fight over, especially one that he would definitely lose, so Arron just gave his best nod, then was promptly dropped. He stumbled, trying to regain his balance, but failed miserably. He'd thought that Rylan had wanted him on the ground, but he guessed that hands and knees weren't good enough, because he was soon pinned on his back with Rylan towering over him. There was no contest between them so Arron didn't know why the guy had to be so mean... besides the fact that he had unintentionally embarrassed him at school earlier.

Either way, he couldn't really argue his frustration, anyways, because his cheetah had pushed itself out again, leaving Arron a squirming bundle of fur in a pile of clothing on the floor.

"That looks about right." Rylan noted, a smugness to his voice.

Hearing Jordan's footsteps returning, Arron saw Rylan quickly jump up, turning with an innocent expression as he noted the surprised look on his father's face.

Right, pretend you didn't just scare me into my cheetah form on purpose.

"Oh..." Jordan mumbled, clearly surprised.