Chapter 25: Forgiveness

(The puppy likes my roommate more than me ._.)

The sound of knocking quickly brought Larro out of his deep sleep.

This better be good, I'm exhausted.

"I'm coming!" He grumbled as he got up out of bed, then slid his hand into his boxers to scratch a little.

The knocking got louder as he approached the main entryway, making the headache behind his eyes pulse. When he swung the door open, his hand paused in his boxers and he raised his eyebrows.

"Uh. What can I do for you, officers?" He asked, then quickly remembered his hand and took it out of his underwear.

Maybe I should make them shake it. Not like the cops are ever near me for good reasons.

"We're looking for a boy named Arron." One of them said, his face clearly pinch with disgust.

You guys really have to say that? One of the officers was a bloodhound and the other was a German shepherd. They should have easily been able to smell the kid in his apartment.

"Why, might I ask, are you looking for him?" Larro replied nonchalantly.

They both narrowed their eyes at him before getting in his face with two growls.

"Because, Larro, Marcus told us we would find his kid with you, though that's no surprise. I suppose you want to go back to prison for awhile, huh?" The German shepherd shifter said.

Larro gave a deep growl in response, just barely keeping his teeth from showing.

"I only have the kid because he nearly killed it. Ask the doctor at the hospital, I'm the one who saved his life." He said harshly.

Both cops seemed to think what he'd said was hilarious because he swore that they sounded like his own species when they laughed out loud.

"Sure. The infamous kitten murderer actually saved one? Yeah, right. We all know the only reason you only got four years for it was because of your dad's money." The bloodhound shifter said.

Larro was about to snarl a response when he heard quiet footsteps coming up behind him.

Shit.

Giving a frustrated sigh, he turned to see a sleepy Arron rubbing his left eye as he came to a stop nearby. He really didn't want to give him up to the cops, but the look on his face told him that he had heard what was said and things were starting to click into place.

"You?" He rasped, sleep still heavy in his voice.

Larro's lips pursed as he waited for the hate. That's what he always got from people who found out about his past. He would hate him. The one kid he actually thought he could do something for, even if just for a little while, was now going to hate him.

The bloodhound cop snickered and knelt down, reaching out a hand to Arron like he was some baby who needed coaxing to do anything.

Moron.

"Come're, kiddo." The guy said in a disturbingly high pitched voice.

Arron eyed the officers with a slightly offended glare. I approve, they're assholes. When he got closer to Larro his attention refocused to his eyes. Instantly, Larro dropped his gaze, silently admiring to whatever he thought he'd done.

"Larro?" He asked cautiously.

"He killed seven cheetah kittens five years ago. It's extremely dangerous to be around him. Let us take you back home." The German shepherd cop said.