Chapter 30: A Little Leeway

The annoying sound of his cell phone ringing nonstop made Larro reach across the seat and grab it. He really didn't want to talk to anyone, but after a quick glance at the screen, he sighed and pressed the device to his ear.

"Hello?" He mumbled.

"Larro, Tayn locked himself in the bathroom." Pascal said abruptly on the other end of the phone, his voice a little breathless.

That's not surprising considering I left him alone with you.

"Okay? Just leave him be then." He said.

"But I didn't do anything, I swear. We were actually laying next to each other in the forest near the apartment, but then he started getting a little closer, and then he just flipped out and ran back inside."

Larro sighed out a tired breath as he stopped at a red light. He really didn't want to deal with the situation right then, and definitely not over the phone, but he was worried that Pascal might do something stupid.

"Alright Pask, listen. I highly doubt that Tayn knows it, but he's a cross shifter." He said as he continued to drive.

There was a quiet whimper of surprise on the other side of the phone and Larro could hear him pacing.

"Pask! Don't you dare touch him right now, do you understand me?" Larro warned, a growl to his words.

"His pheromones hit you pretty hard and I was hoping to just let him handle it how he wishes, but I'll pick up a collar for him on the way home. Now I want you to go walk to the Chinese take out restaurant down the street and pick us up some dinner, okay?" Larro said as calmly as he could, but with as much authority as he could muster over the phone.

Pascal whimpered a few more times in response, but after another minute Larro heard him shut the front door and head down the stairs.

"Good boy. I'll be home when you get back." He said.

"Okay..."

Larro hurried to the collar shop after doing a quick search on his GPS for one. It was pretty close. Thankfully, he got there right as the owner was leaving, having stayed really late to work on some things in the store. He managed to grab a nice black collar for four hundred in cash.

About forty minutes later he was pulling into the parking lot of their new apartment complex. Pask was just starting up the stairs with his arms full of Chinese food, allowing Larro to give a big sigh of relief and quickly jump out of the car. He was about to close the door and run up to meet Pascal when something caught his eye. Squished underneath the dashboard on the passenger's side of the car was Arron's bear from the arcade.

Looking up at Pask, Larro called out to him. "Set the food on the counter and yell to Tayn that we're leaving for about two hours, then come down here."

He could see the hesitation in the young man to leave again, but he wouldn't ever argue with Larro about a direct order. After a moment he nodded and did as told, shutting the door behind himself before joining Larro in the car.

"What's up, Larro?" He asked.

"Forgot to give Arron his bear."

Pascal raised a brow at him, but when Larro didn't respond he seemed to think better of pushing the matter.

When they got back to Arron's house Larro could see the living room lights still on, as well as one on the porch. He knew that he should just have Pask run the bear up to the porch, but he couldn't. With a quiet sigh he grabbed the stuffed animal and quickly made his way up the steps. He set the bear down next to the door before knocking twice fast, then turning to run back to his car.