Chapter 21: Larro

(I shouldn't have to say this, but please do not give spoilers or repeat what happened or might happen from the old version in the comments. Feel free to say 'I like him better now' or 'yay my favorite character is back, he was great' but don't ruin the story for those reading it for the first time who want to discuss new stuff in comments. Thanks.)

Arron heard a faint beeping sound echo around wherever he was, but he couldn't find the energy to even open his eyes and see what it could be.

"Hey, morning." Came Larro's voice.

"Good morning, sir. The kitten you brought in is still asleep." Another male voice replied.

There was a sigh and the sound of heavy boots making their way closer.

"Do you know who he belongs to, yet?" He asked.

"His microchip was registered under Ian Spots and Marcus Tails, but Ian's record shows that he is deceased." The other man replied.

There was a deep growl before Larro replied.

"Reregister it to Larro Mane."

"But that's not something I can do without the living parent's consent." The other man replied.

A quiet cackle echoed in the room before Larro responded. "Marcus is the one who did this to him. I already submitted a police report and they asked if I would take custody of him for the time being. You can check that with a phone call."

The other man seemed to hesitate, then replied. "Was your background check completed by them yet?"

Arron could tell that the guy was getting frustrated because there was a faintly psychotic laugh mixed in with his next sentence.

"Just change the microchip already!"

The other man seemed to finally get the idea and disappeared for a few minutes before returning, huffing from running.

"They did confirm that you have temporary custody. Just sign this paper, Mr. Mane."

The scratch of a pen on paper echoed in the room.

"There. He's mine now."

"Yes, though you will have to wait for it to go through the system. They said that their might be a kidnapping case being brought against Marcus."

The man didn't sound happy, but they obviously weren't going to risk their neck arguing. I think I trust Larro more than Marcus, anyways. At least he hasn't attacked me, twice.

"When can I take him home?" Larro asked.

"Uh, well, his readings haven't really changed much. He's stable, but the injuries may take some time to heal. We should probably keep him here."

There was a deep growl in response and Arron had a feeling that the doctor at least fidgeted.

"Does he need the machines he's hooked up to?" Larro asked.

"He might be okay without them, but he does need the IV's. He's dehydrated badly." The other man said.

"So I can take him home with some IV bags?" Larro asked.

There was a long pause and then an audible, stressed sigh.

"I suppose." He said.

"Whatever, give me some of those bags and some drip lines. I'm taking him home."

Arron wanted to listen to the rest of their conversation, but sleep pulled him back under.

"Hey kiddo."