chapter two

She waited for the elevator to get back down before clicking for the top floor again but this time the elevator was packed......

   Someone bumped her from behind"hey beautiful,  I'm Miles". He introduced  as she turned around.
     "okay handsome, I'm Nicole". She answered smiling..... Miles chuckled quietly "so,  what are you doing here in Delcorps,  cause am pretty sure if I see this face I'd always remember  it so I take it it's your first time here".
    "Well,  you are right...its my first time here,  I came for an interview though I'm pretty sure am late".
   "oh yeah....the vacancy at the top floor"? He asked.
    "I guess so" she replied nodding.
"so that means you are headed to the top floor "?
      "yeah". She answered then the doors slid open and Nicole got out and started towards the doors.
   " hey that office right there" Miles started pointing towards her right. Nicole hadn't realized he also got down with her.
   " Thanks ". She said smiling in relief.
  She walked up to the door and raised her hand to knock on the first door there.

            "Hey,are you literate"? A sarcastic voice asked from behind her.
     Nicole turned to the voice"excuse me"? She asked a bit baffled at the insult.

          "yeah just checking cause if you were, you would know that you aren't supposed to just knock on any door you see,  I mean every highly recognized company even the little ones can afford a secretary you are supposed to check for them ".she said rolling her eyes.
         "Well,  I'm sorry" actually ma'am I came for the interview" Nicole explained

    "Then sit over there" the lady said gesturing to a seat in a corner.
     Nicole walked over to it and sat down.
"hello sir, the lady for the interview is seated here". The lady said into the land-line and listened for some seconds before answering "okay".
   "follow me" she said to Nicole putting down the receiver and leading the way....

   They weaved their way through the offices."I would surely be looked for if  I get this job" she muttered under her breath.
    " you say sumthin"?
"uh,  no". Nicole answered.
The lady opened a door and led the way into a large office.
      "Sir, she is here". She said to a man that was standing looking out the shutters his back to them.
  "Thanks Ingrid". He said without turning around.
   "Anytime sir". She replied sunily leaving.
Nicole stood for a while  watching the man's back.

    "uhmm ..... Excuse me sir, can we please get this interview underway?, am already too nervous as it is and the silence isn't helping". She said clearing her throat
      The man turned around slowly clearly not smiling. "Oh my gosh"  she exclaimed as she looked at the interviewer's face.

   "YOU"??!! They exclaimed together pointing at each other.  Ethan recovered first bringing down his hand and clearing his throat..... He sat down and gestured towards the seat opposite him.
    "please sit down " he told Nicole his face a professional mask.
     "so you are here for this interview"?. He asked as soon as she was seated.

     "harrumph" Nicole muttered rolling her eyes. " am here for the job sir" she replied giving him a sardonic glare.
    "how old are you"? He asked looking at her speculatively.

     "it's written there in CV sir", she answered arching a brow.

      "how about you say it miss"he said narrowing his eyes.

     "I'm 23" young enough right "?she asked

"hmmm...... Are you married"?he blurted after analyzing her

    "With all due respect sir,  isn't that supposed to be part of my personal issues"?....she asked arching a brow.

   "well ma'am, am sorry it's not..... Considering the fact I took out  the time looked through all cvs on my desk, picked you and even taking the time to know things about you and even insisted on interviewing you myself, and also considering the demands of the job,  it's important we know". He answered leaning back on his seat and looking at her.

   "I'm not married "she answered matching his glare.

   "Good", So what are your qualifications"? He asked looking at her file.

    "I don't know,  I mean I haven't worked anywhere I just graduated.... Besides you checked out about me, didn't you find out about that"?....she answered rolling her eyes again.

  He chuckled softly to himself then leaned forward and looked her directly I'm the eye "Then what the hell gave you the idea you could work at delcorps as my secretary "he asked giving her a dubious look.

   " First, I was called I just tried my luck and second am sure of my abilities "she answered.

  "well how would you know that when you have worked no where ".he asked speculatively. He was clearly testing her Nicole thought to herself.

   "I thought work is all about your energy and what you can do not what you have done "she stated crossing her arms "I'm capable of working fully Mr. CEO" she added.

  "okay....... Wait a minute,  what did you just call me"?

    "Mr.  CEO".
He chuckled softly and Nicole loved the sound of it "why"? He asked

  "you told me introductions weren't necessary and I disagreed with that so I decided to introduce you to me". She replied

   "well suit yourself "he said..... "you can leave "he added looking down at his desk...... It was as if he closed himself off again.

   "just like that"?she asked baffled at the sudden dismissal.
      "Well we would get back to you" he said without looking up.

   Nicole sat still for a while before getting up and looked at him.
     "you are way to rude Mr. CEO" she commented softly before sashaying out.....  She didn't want to say it loud so it wouldn't ruin her chances of getting the job.

ETHAN'S POV

     He sat on his desk signing some files but he had only one thought on his mind "Nicole"...Goddammit! He cursed softly.......it had been over two hours since this interview  and he had also interviewed a lot of people but nobody left an impression like Nicole did.

   "hey man". Said Miles coming into the office and breaking into Ethan's thoughts." how is it going?"

     "Good" he answered running his hands through his hair.
    "so have you found a qualified person for the place of your glorified secretary after Ingrid is gone " he asked mockingly...

    Just then the image of Nicole's questioning eyes popped into Ethan's mind.

   "yes" he answered looking away.

   "who"? Miles asked eagerly unwrapping a candy
"come on man" Ethan said standing up" Don't bug me about it,  you would see her as soon as she resumes "he added looking out the Shutter.

   "okay then" miles said getting up and moving towards the door, "see you later man " he said popping the candy in his mouth." and my kisses and regards to Sasha" he added coming over to Ethan and closing his eyes bringing his lips close to him.

   "what are you doing man? "Ethan asked widening his eyes

   "Giving you my kiss for Sasha boo "

"Get out Miles!" Ethan jokingly bellowed pushing him off

Miles walked towards the door laughing" See you".

Okay.. .....there goes chapter two..... Please please I hope like really really hope you enjoy this book cause I had a lot of fun writing it..... Like I let my imagination take the best of me. ....i laughed and cried when need be😂😂😂 so I really hope you enjoy....

    And one more thing please if you read tell your friends about it.... I would really appreciate it if I get more readers 😩😩😩.....💖💖💖💖💖💖....byeeeeeee