chapter three

"hey pumpkin get up". Said Nicole's mum waking her up from her sleep. Nicole turned and covered her head with the duvet and continued sleeping. Mrs. Anderson sighed and smiled as a thought came into her head.  She walked towards the windows and opened the curtains remembering how much Nicole hated sun on her face.

   "Aww ma"! Yelled Nicole getting up and rubbing her eyes.  She had slept really late last night.
    After the interview she had gone straight to her best friend Audrey's place, to tell her how the interview went.
    She remembered yesterday vividly. She had come home with her shopping  bags as Audrey had persuaded her to do some serious shopping for some slay work clothes. " But I haven't even gotten the job yet" Nicole persisted

    "oh cmon stop being so pessimistic" Audrey persuaded.
  "Now common let's go downstairs for breakfast"her mum said breaking into her thoughts. She got up following her downstairs yawning and thinking of her plans for the day.

   Nicole finished explaining her previous day events to her very attentive mother.

   "How handsome is this your Mr. CEO", her mum asked as Nicole took a banana.

   "oh mum c'mon" Nicole answered shyly

   "Go on tell me" her mum persuaded

  "okay,  he is extremely, totally, seriously handsome " she replied taking a bite out of her banana.

      "so,  you like him" her mum said arching a brow

  "well yeah I think he is really hot but that doesn't mean I like him" she said finishing her banana "I mean he is really arrogant and rude and I'm not even sure I would get the job"she added after a pause.

   "slow down chum", take a breath ".   Just then their house phone rang and neither stood up to answer.

    Mrs Anderson looked at Nicole, she shrugged "Well am not expecting any calls"  Nicole said picking up an apple.  "so let the answering machine get it" she finished eating her apple.

      "you have reached the residence of the loving Anderson's, am probably not here or am here and to lazy to take this call or mum is out jogging... Hahaha..... Anyway leave a message. Beep.......

    A voice that Nicole had come to know even in her dreams filled the room. " Well Miss Nicole, this is Ethan Smith from Delcorps incorporated and am calling to inform you..........Nicole snatched up the receiver before he could finish.

   "hello, Mr. CEO", she said breathlessly

    "oh...... Miss Nicole"?

  "yeah "?

"Well it's good that you picked up, I was just calling to inform you that you start tomorrow". He said

   "meaning" Nicole asked waiting to hear him say it plainly.

   "It means you got the job,  you can start learning from Ingrid to be able to replace her come tomorrow" he said with a note of finality.

   "Whoopee! Nicole screamed jamming down the receiver,  she ran over to where her mother sat and gave her a big wet kiss smack on the right cheek, hugging her tightly and then Mrs Anderson hugged her back smiling and patting her back.... She kissed her hair before pulling back.
    "Am so excited I got the job mum"Nicole said looking up and saw her mum crying she got on her knees and looked her "What's wrong MA "? She asked worriedly

  "Nothing baby am just so happy for you ".she answered wiping her tears.

   "For us mum not for me,  I will make us rich.... I will work hard every day mum"Nicole said hugging her mum again

   "I know baby I know " Mrs Anderson replied affectionately

  "I gotta call Audrey ",she said releasing her mum and rushing over to grab the phone.