Chapter 12

"What happened?" Ethan asked Nicole without preamble walking into her office.  Nicole stood at his approach.

      "I'm so sorry about last night sir". Nicole said apologizing.

      "I know you're sorry, you always are, am just asking what happened?" he said chuckling softly.

     "Oh sir, I got a phone call from a hospital that my mom fell and she was rushed there". She replied  sitting down. Ethan walked around and sat on her desk facing her directly.

        "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know.  How's she? Is she okay?" he asked concernedly.

     "Nothing was actually wrong with the old fox". She said poutingly "she just had a strong headache and had me running out of the ballroom....... I just wish I had my teeth on those baguette". She muttered.

     Ethan chuckled softly staring at her then he reached forward and stroked her cheeks, the heat visible in his eyes. Just as he leaned forward to kiss her, Nicole closed her eyes awaiting his kiss.  Her office door creaked open and Ingrid stuck her head in and took it out almost immediately.

     "Oh my,  am so sorry sir". She said through the door but Ethan heard the amusement in her voice. Shit! Very soon the gossip will circulate  he thought as he stood up from the table rebuttoning his shirt, he cleared his throat and opened the door and saw Ingrid standing there with Sasha.

     "Daddy!" she squealed smiling as she hugged his legs.

     "Baby? " Ethan said lifting her up and cradling her against his chest looking at Ingrid for an explanation.

      "The nanny dropped her off saying she had serious family business to attend to that she would be right back". Ingrid explained.

       "Okay". He looked at his wrist watch "Oh it's time for my meeting with the planners for "Soweno" here take Sasha". He said gently putting her down.  "Here baby,  go to Ingrid". He said kissing her cheek.

      "Will you come soon?" Sasha asked looking up at him.

"Of course ". He answered then he looked at Nicole who had come out, he looked her from head to toe and swallowed hard then he nodded at her before leaving.

     "Nicole!" Sasha said excitedly going to her.

    "Hey,  how do u know my name". Nicole asked smilingly squatting to be at eye level with her.

    "Daddy told me when I asked". Sasha explained titling her head to the right and smiling.

     "Aww you are so cute". Nicole said touching her cheeks.

  "Hmm Nicole smooth. "Ingrid commented twitching her lips.

    "What do you mean?" Nicole asked standing up straight.

"Oh just saying, boss and his kid..... Talk about gold digger". She said eyeing her and going back to her desk.  Nicole decided to just ignore her, "Hey baby,  want ice-cream". She asked Sasha.

     "Yay, ice cream". Sasha replied excitedly and Nicole chuckled taking it as a yes.

Mrs Anderson's POV

      She was siting in her living room sipping scotch and tears gathered in her eyes. Just then the door bell chimed.  She stood and opened the door. "Buella" she rasped as she hugged her sister.

      "Celina I got your message, what's the problem". Buella asked. Celina just closed the door and went back to sit on the couch, buella followed her.

      "What's it?" she asked again as they sat down "I got here as soon as I got your message, I had to drop my charge at her father's office and _____

      "Am having cancer buella". She said cutting her short. "It's lung cancer and am going to die". She said drinking her scotch as tears filled her eyes again.

      Buella didn't say another word, she just stood up and starting pacing the living room wiping off the tears that fell on her cheeks". Listen to me Celina,  you will not die, nobody is as strong as you are, you will live uhmm let me speak to your doctor there must be something we can do". She said speaking fast and sniffing as she reached for her phone.

     "It's too late Buella". Celina said collecting the phone and keeping it sobbing now "I'm in stage freaking 3, he said nothing else can be done now, I'm so scared Rita". She said crying.

    "Shut up Celina". Buella yelled holding her "You cannot die".

  "But buella_____

"No buts". Buella  said cutting her short "I've lost a lot of people in this life, mom, dad, my fucking husband and kids,  I've lost family, I can't loose you too Celina,  when you were young I promised to take care of you.... So you cannot die on me". She yelled crying and hugging a weeping Celina to herself.

   Nicole's POV

"So Sasha tell me, what more you want before we heard back to the office". Nicole asked.

    "Nothing else,  you got me everything". She replied smiling and licking her ice cream.

    "Okay". Said Nicole chuckling.

"Aunt Nicole? ". Sasha called as they started walking back to the office at the same time licking her ice-cream.

     "Yes sash". Nicole answered.

  "I like you a lot".

Nicole blushed and chuckled " Aww thanks baby,  I really like you too". Sasha started to giggle "be my mommy". She said suddenly throwing Nicole off slightly.

     "Come on baby,  your daddy will be waiting for you". Nicole said avoiding to answer.

     "Okay". Sasha said skipping excitedly as they kept moving forward.

As soon as they got to the office, Miles accosted them on the way.

"Uncle Miles!" . Sasha squealed excitedly running forward to hug him.

Miles lifted  her up and threw her up in the air a couple of times before putting her down again.
    "Whew sash, you are now so big, you tire my old bones so". He said making a show of twisting his hips and Nicole laughed.

    "Oh uncle miles". Sasha said giggling, and Miles laughed ....

    "Hey Nicole". He said facing Nicole " are you okay?".

    "Yes am fine". Nicole answered smiling sadly.

   "Okay" . Miles said still looking at her "You look beautiful today". He added lifting Sasha up.

    "Oh thank you". Nicole replied blushing slightly.

   "Oh uhmm this is awkward, I was referring to Sasha". He said looking innocent.

    "Miles!"  Nicole said laughingly hitting him on the arm and sasha giggled.

    "Come on let's go to the company's department store". He said taking Nicole's hand and laughing as they headed to the elevator.

    30mins later,  miles picked a gift for Sasha and as they were exiting the store, miles insisted that they take a photo. As they stood taking the selfie,  Ethan was exiting the board room and was hurrying back to his office to meet Sasha and well_____Nicole". He thought smiling. As he was passing the lobby to reach the lift, his eyes caught something at the department store,  he turned and saw Nicole, miles and Sasha having the time of their lives, they looked so happy almost as if they were a family.  He nearly choked at the thought and tugged at his tie cause suddenly it felt too tight. He glared at them before angrily stomping back to the office.

  Ethan dramatic much😂