chapter 10

Ethan saw the woman as soon as the doors opened. The way she stood there unsure, it was as if some kind of goddess had just flung open the doors to heaven and invited them in.  Her shape was willowy, slender, graceful long arms and legs and a neck so long and fresh that could lure a vampire straight into the sun.
    She had worn a skin white coloured maxi dress with a chain linked belt draped around her hips and open toed black spike heels with straps that Criss crossed once. Her hair was sleek, smooth and flowy with all its beautiful  golden tresses, her make up was perfect giving her the look of a passionate  merciless seductress. And yet his reaction seeing her there was that she looked eeringly familiar.
   ........."Nicole!" he exclaimed inwardly after looking at her.... Impossible.....he thought picking his way towards her.  Just then a soft voice he had come to know with annoyance called him from behind.
      "What is it Stephanie?" he asked with an angry look on his face.

     "Nothing, just wanted to be with you". She replied smiling "How about we ditch this fiasco and went somewhere private? " she asked bating her eyelids and pouting her lips. Ethan just looked at her and walked away without commenting.

   "Nics, this party is litt!" Audrey commented as they stood at the bar dancing slowly.

    "Mmm-hmm, I agree". Nicole said as her eyes moving round the big ballon".

     "You're looking for him right"? Audrey asked sipping from her tall glass.

   "Huh?" asked Nicole feigning ignorance.
"Don't give me that look am not stupid". She said sipping again from her drink. "Oh, there look he's mounting the podium and he's looking straight at you". Audrey said.

   Nicole looked towards the podium and she and Ethan's eyes met.

  "Can I have everyone's attention please?" he asked clinking his glass. People turned to  the podium " Thank you all once again for coming,  please help me welcome to the podium the person to pitch our cause,  Miss Nicole Anderson!". He shouted and people clapped as Nicole walked up.

    Mikes who'd been standing with Ethan gave her a kiss as she reached them "Get them ". He whispered in her ears.
   The crowd went wild.  Miles climbed down and Ethan instead of coming down did the most surprising thing.  He kissed her full on the mouth and Nicole's mouth formed an "O" as the crowd erupted again. Stephanie was fuming dangerously as Ethan and miles got down. She went over to where Ethan was standing.

    "What was the meaning of that?". She rasped angrily.
   "Shh". Ethan indicated putting his handing on his lips and pointing at Nicole as she took the mic.

   "Good evening to our investors, our share holders, workers as well as citizens of America. " she started waiting for their response. " Well this..... Fundraiser  was organized by our company for the purpose of our next generation........ Children. ". She said pausing to read their reaction.

    "I must say a lot of people here already have children well,  except me,  my friend Audrey and we'll a lot of other people". Everybody laughed including Ethan. " but you must children relatives". She added.  And people started nodding in agreement.

   "When I first brought up this idea,  I was let down, I was insulted but that's okay, it's past now". She said looking at Ethan before walking over to the projector  people hadn't noticed earlier.  She rolled it down and switched on the projector.  Two groups of children appeared.
    "If you look at this first group of children,  they look well fed, groomed, nice, beautiful so their parents are fucking rich too". She said pointing at the board.
   "You would agree with me that Delcorp's toys and games have a great quality in their production so they would be really expensive so that means thus group....."She said pointing at the board again "must be able to access delcorps". She added and the chants of yeah filled the room. "So what about this other group?". She asked looking round. "Are they not children too?" they are shabby looking, most likely very hungry must they are children and they deserve to be children,  to play, they have the right to access Delcorps as well....to experience and know the beauty of Delcorps"... As she finished the crowd were already murmuring and speculating in agreement to what she said...

     "So how about we give the children a chance?" A chance to be even though hungry but very happy!". She said and the crowd shouted in agreement.

   "but we all know that Delcorps games and toys have strong quality so therefore very expensive that I think if I buy even one of it,  I and mama would starve for at least two months". She said and people started laughing. "So I brought up an idea to make goods of less quality to be easier bought and I have a name for this idea and it has to has to have a firm". The Indians call it "sapna" the Philippines call it "soweno" and we call it "Dreams". The crowd began to clap.

  "So come on help me help this kids be.....kids thank you". She concluded and the crowd started clapping and laughing as she came down.  Mr. Magabuchi came to the stairs and hugged her. "Good work". He commended shaking her.

   "Thank you sir". Other members of company also came round and hugged her. She looked around but she didnt see Ethan anywhere. She left the group and went over to where Audrey was standing with Miles.

    "How did I do?" she asked facing them.
"You did great, I was moved to tears a couple of times". Nicole laughed.

   "Miles,  how did I do?" she asked facing him,  her back to the crowd.

   "You did great Nicole?". Someone answered behind them.