Chapter 17

Early the next morning, Nicole's phone rang waking her from her sleep.

   "Hello". She answered sleepily picking up her phone.

"Hey Nics, are you sleeping"? Asked audrey from the other end.

   "Yes I was until you called, I will kill you if this isn't important". Nicole said throwing off the covers and heading for the bathroom.

     "Its too early for death threats". Anyway I heard u have a date later today, am going to help you buy a dress". She said sounding excited.

   "Its just Miles, I dont need a dress". Nicole replied rubbing her face.

    "He's a man, he cant just ask you out unless he likes you" audrey replied and nicole could hear her rolling her eyes.

   "Well, okay I will you meet you at the cafe then ,though before you go shopping crazy, you will go somewhere with me". Nicole said before brushing her teeth.

    "Okay see you in 30". Aundrey replied ending the call.

    Nicole hurriedly took a bath and hurriedly wore her clothes, brushing her hair as she went downstairs, she  went into the kitchen and saw her mom's note on the refrigerator wall.

    Gone for a walk
  Food is in the microwave
  And good morning my angel.
       _love
                Mom.
Nicole ate her breakfast quietly staring at the wall absentmindedly.

     "Please doctor, I really need you to help me out here". Said nicole sitting in Doctor Andrew's office with Audrey.

    "Nicole, I would really love to help you but it's not in my place, you have to ask your mother". He replied placing his both hands on his desk.

     "Cmon nics let's go". Audret said taking her arm ."Thanks doc". She added leading Nicole towards the door.

    "Wait". Nicole started stopping them in their tracks "will she be alright?".  She asked looking at the doctor.

   He hesitated before replying "of course dear".

"Okay thank you doctor". Nicole said smiling sadly before letting audrey lead her out.

    "Oh Aud, am so scared". Sighed Nicole as they got to the reception.

    "Oh cmon baby". Audrey said softly holding her "the doctor said she would be fine so she would". She reassured her.

     "But....

"No buts, cmon shopping will make you feel better". Audrey said cutting her short as they exited.

    "If anything happens to her, I dont know what I'd do with myself". She said.

   "Hey, Nicole look at me". Audrey started stopping then and lifting her friend's face and saw tears already started gathering in her eyes. "Don't think the worst already, maybe your Ma is not so I'll anyway, just ask her.....okay?". Audrey said   and nicole nodded "cmon I will treat you to lunch first". Audrey said smiling to lighten the mood and nicole laughed .

     Dr. Andrew when he was sure nicole was gone, he picked up his phone and dialed celine's cell.

  She picked at the first ring, her voice very weak.

    "Hello celine

"Doctor?"

  "Please for the love of God tell Nicole the truth about your health, the poor girl just left my office very worried". He started without preamble

    "What! Nicole was at the hospital?"" Mrs Anderson asked surprisingly.

    "Yes! And she begged me to please give her information concerning your health.

    "Did you give her?".

"No buta I think you should give her the answers she seeks". He answered and with that he dropped the reciever.

      Thelma , I dont understand what you are saying". Ethan said getting up from his desk.

"Are you dumb?". Thelma asked sarcastically "I said I want half your assets in my name".

    "What! Ethan exclaimed as he left the study and headed to the door to walk Thelma out "I see you have totally gone nuts cause why the hell would I do that?" He added opening the door.

    "Well if you dont, I will just have to take sasha with me". She said reaching the door.

    "Is that a threat Thelma?" He asked gripping the door he was holding.

    "Oh no darling, it's a promise". She said before stepping out into the threshold.

   "Then I wont let you do that". He said angrily.

"Then I will see you in court then". She said putting on her shades and sashaying towards her car.

   Ethan banged the door in frustration running his hands through his hair, he walked back to his study.

      "So James, you are saying I might not win th iui s caee". Ethan asked his lawyer who he had invited over after thelma left.

    "Well like I said earlier the only loophole you have right now is getting married so as to present a fit loving family in court,that way our chances of winning will be higher". James replied.

    "Damn you thelma!" Ethan said  under his breath banging his desk and standing upto look outside.

     "Alright then". James said getting up "we will keep in touch and once you are served papers just let me know".

    "Okay then" Ethan said coming around and shaking hands "Thank you for coming on such short notice and sorry for interrupting your holiday". He added

    "No problem,  I get you". Besides a lawyer is never on holiday". He replied and they chuckled before leaving the office.