chapter 11

Nicole turned around and saw Ethan standing there.
   "Thank you Mr. CEO". She said looking at him and blushing slightly.

    "Uhmm Audrey?" Miles called tapping Audrey.
      "Yeah? "
  "Wanna hit the dance floor?"...he asked

  "Sure bring the tools". She replied crossing her arms and miles laughed.

   "I don't need tools babe I got my legss". He replied winking and Audrey cocked a brow at him.. " oh cmon Just Dance with me"...he said resignedly.

    "Sure". Audrey agreed laughingly hooking her arm with his and leaving Nicole alone with Ethan. Nicole's eyes followed them unto the dance floor as she kept smiling.
   She looked back to find Ethan watching her with a grave smile playing at the corners of his very beautiful mouth.

   "What? " she said cocking her brow at him.

    "You look very beautiful Nicole". He answered putting his hands in his pocket.

   "Thank you". She said averting her eyes shyly.

    "Would you care to dance? "..he asked slowly.

   "With you?" She asked in surprise.
"Yeah". He gave her his best smile. "do you think me incapable of it?".

   She laughed before she thought better of it. "I wasn't worried about you...... I mean I was worried about me".

   "I'll teach you the steps".
And that was exactly what she was worried about. He would spend the evening being close to her, touching her and looking at her with those very lovely blue eyes of his and she would be in big trouble.
    But if he wanted to dance with her, who was she to refuse.
    He offered her his arm and she took it.
"I suppose I could dance with the man who organized this wonderful affair.

    Ethan's POV

  Ethan led her to the floor.  He held out his hand and she fell into his arms,  her scent infiltrating his nostrils as a slow music started.

    She traced a hand along his neck then down to his collar and settled it on his shoulder. A shiver trembled through him.

    "Mr CEO,  I can't tell you how much this day meant to me". She said burying her face in his neck.

   Ethan raised her chin to look at him and he thumbed her hair behind her ear aching to kiss the tender spot but there were still people everywhere.

   "I know and you are welcome".
"Let's go outside,  I want to feel the air on my skin". She said smiling.

   "Oh, people have started leaving". Ethan said as they got outside.

    A glance across the lawn told her he was right. Excitement skittered through her at the silent yearning in his eyes.

       "Nicole". He gently lifted her chin with his hand, the contact so soft yet so intimate that Nicole shivered without thinking about the consequences she slowly brought her fingers up and touched his jaw, traced a finger over the rough stubble she'd wanted to feel earlier and down to his mouth. 

   He caught her finger and pressed it to his lips and kissed the tip. Then with a low groan,  he angled his head cupped her face in his hands and brushed his lips over hers in the sweeter torture she had ever known.
     Ethan knew he should have stopped himself but he had never tasted anything so lethal and as sweet as Nicole's lips.  He deepened the kiss, his hunger intensifying at her touch, she tasted like Italian food and sweetness and woman.
        She smelled like roses.  Hot, passionate and wild, just the way he'd imagined. His fingers slid into her hair, caressing the scalp . A low moaning sound escaped  her that sent adrenaline straight to his groin and he shifted moving closer to her to pull her into his arms.  Her breath brushed his cheek ,her hand curled on his chest.  He wanted her to unbutton  the buttons and touch him everywhere and he wanted to do the same to her but someone cleared their throat rather loudly.  Nicole broke away from the kiss looking all tousled and sexy,  Ethan turned and saw Stephanie with her skinny arms crossed her lips pursed,  her high heels tapping on the floor.

    "How cute Ethan...... How cute,  you are eating face with your secretary's understudy". She said giving them a sardonic as well as an angry look.

    "Stephanie". Ethan rasped "are you stalking me?".

    "I'm watching the moves of my man". Stephanie answered and Nicole's ears perked up. "and you butch!" Stephanie started........facing Nicole "is it what you really do,  digging your fangs into people's men? ".

    "Stephanie, that's enough". Ethan bellowed stepping forward.

    "Don't tell me that you are siding her Ethan". Stephanie asked looking at Ethan in disbelief.

         "Um excuse me". Nicole said trying to leave and head back to the party.

      "Oh come back here you gold digger". Stephanie shouted yanking her hair. "You are the cause of all this".

     "Stephanie stop it". Ethan shouted removing her hand from a yelling Nicole's hair.

       "Bitch........
  "oh Miss Stephanie enough of your nonsense,  you are totally mean, what's your problem?".   Nicole asked visibly annoyed. "And let me sound it as a warning to you, am not ready to stoop to the level of dragging a man with you". She said surprising Stephanie. " I have my self-esteem, excuse me". She finished walking out on them. Ethan smiled to him himself.

    "So Stephanie, you heard her now stop dragging for me, excuse me". He said mockingly before laughing softly and then walked out leaving Stephanie bewildered with tears coursing down her cheeks.

    "Hey,  Nicole wait up". Ethan called running after Nicole.

   "What?. She snapped stopping.

"I'm sorry". He said

"You don't have to apologize for ma'am Stephanie". She said sadly.

    "I'm not apologizing for her". Ethan said " am apologizing for letting her molest you. And Nicole looked down shyly.

   He stood there just looking at her,  suddenly he started searching his pickerdas if looking for something . He excused himself and went back the way he came searching the floors seriously , he came back to where Nicole was standing and she couldn't help but ask as he continued to search "What are you looking for? "

    "Did you see it? " he asked still looking on the floor.

  "What?. Nicole asked.

Ethan raised his head and looked at her and he said in a soft almost whisper voice. "Your smile".

      Nicole paused before bursting into laughter.

  "There....... Found it". Ethan said "and your laughter came with it.

       "Oh Mr. CEO, you are so funny". She said still laughing.

     Ethan chuckled "An happy you are laughing again".
    "Come on let's head back to what's left of the party". He said taking her arm and putting it in his and she nodded smiling.

     As soon as they entered the ball room.
"Hey miss, can I have this dance? "

"Sure".she said throwing a glance at Ethan before walking to the dance floor with miles.

       "What's wrong? "..he asked as soon as they started dancing.

   "Huh?" Nicole asked
"I saw you Stephanie and Ethan outside". He explained.

  "Oh nothing...... It was just a little misunderstanding but Al is fine now".

   "Okay then".
"So what's going on between you and Audrey?" Nicole asked looking at Miles suspiciously.

     "Huh......nothibg, I mean what could possibly be going on". Miles said laughing "Though there's a certain girl I would love to have something with.

    "Nicole". Audrey shouted.  Nicole turned and saw Audrey running towards, her phone in hand and her face very pale. Nicole felt a sinking feeling in her stomach.  She ran and met  her halfway with miles at her heels.

     "What? " she asked looking at Audrey.
"It's your mom".

   "What happened to her".
"Tonad hospital just called". Audrey said scared

Okay I know this update is way past due but I had a very busy month...sorry 😑😑😑😑😑....though am back now.... Full time I hope😂.....