comfort • klaus hargreeves x reader [1]

k so idk if people are wanting me to do klaus x a male reader (since he's gay) or klaus x female reader so I'm just gonna do gender neutral I guessss

•••

the door opened and klaus slithered in. he had been staying with me for the past couple weeks. we had been friends since he got a job at the restaurant I worked in. that was during a period of time when he was clean. now, he was not. I did everything in my power to help him overcome it, but nothing ever worked.

i was a school teacher now, which meant I actually was making money and working for a living. klaus- I honestly don't know what he was doing in his spare time... and I don't want to.

I sat at my kitchen table with my laptop open. I had been grading assignments when klaus barged in.

"y/n! y/n , y/n, y/n, y/n !" he shouted and ran over to take a seat beside me. he was on something, I don't know what... but it was strong.

"what?" I didn't look up from grading the papers I had been grading.

"I need to borrow money!" I looked up at him and he smiled.

"It's for a good cause! I need to buy you a present for your birthday!" klaus grasped his hands together and got down on his knees and begged. "please please please please-"

"hold the phone." I said. "I know you're going to use the money for drugs klaus, and I'm not giving you it."

"wha- no! how dare you accuse me of that!" I stared straight and dead at him, and then he caved.

"fine! jeez! christ on a cracker I just need a little bit of money. 20 bucks! please! I need it bad!"

I shook my head. "I'm not giving you any money klaus," and an idea popped into my head "but when was the last time you had a home cooked meal?"

...

I cooked pasta and salad for us both. we sat at opposite sides of the table. I could see his anxious fidgeting and tapping also while he glared daggers at me, he took the final bite of his salad and smiled sweetly at me. "thank you for the lovely meal, but I'm going to go now." he stood up and made his way to the door.

I quickly jumped up to block the way. "no."

klaus chuckled. "What do you mean...no?"

I shook my head. "I'm not letting you leave klaus! I care about you too much! I'm not letting you wreck yourself again."

klaus took a step back. "you care too much? if you cared you would step aside. please I need it!" klaus looked over to the side of him. "shut up ben, I don't care what you think."

it killed me to see him like this. talking to 'ben', whoever that was... clearly he was not in the right frame of mind. "klaus... you need to sober up. if not for me, then for yourself. you can't keep living like this."

he sulked his way over to the couch and flipped down. "I know... I know I can do better. I know I can be better."

maybe I was finally getting to him. maybe he would go to rehab... again.

"but I also know that I need the drugs... shnell."

I wanted to punch him so hard in the face. "you are being a fucking idiot."

that caught his attention.

"you could have a good life klaus. we could. I care for you so much, but clearly you don't give a damn."

was he... hurt? his expression looked kind of sad. but my venomous tone kept coming.

"leave then! just leave and never come back because I can't bare to look at you like this again."

I turned around and walked to my room. I shut the door and slid down it.

I could hear faint talking from outside.

"I know ben... I know! I'm an idiot."

he was high out of his freaking mind.

I must've zoned out because I was brought back to reality with a faint knock on the door.

"y/n... can I come in... please?"

why hadn't he left yet?

"yes."

and more importantly why did I say he could come in?

I moved away from the door and it slid open. klaus peeked in. "hi..."

"hi..."

klaus slipped in and sat beside me. "I've never heard you swear before." I punched him in the shoulder.

"that's all you have to say?" I looked over at him.

"and... I'm sorry. I- I mess up a lot and I'm a terrible person. but I care about you too. and I'm sorry."

"you're not a terrible person klaus... and I forgive you."

klaus leaned over for what I think was a kiss but I put my hand over his mouth.

"your breath smells like pot."

•••

k this sucks I'm sorry I tried.
It's late... yet again so excuse any grammar or spelling mistakes.

also comment ur OPINIONS AND THOUGHTS AND STUFF PLEASE

bye