disgusted • luther hargreeves x reader [1]

Around the time when he gets into the chemical accident and you know... 🐵

•••

I knocked on the giant front door of the Umbrella Academy. I needed to know he was okay, safe, alive.

Luther had been missing my calls for almost four days now. It was unsettling.

After standing at the door for a few minutes after my first knock, I banged my hand against the door again.

The door opened, but it was Pogo.

"Miss Y/n... to what do I owe the pleasure?"

I crossed my arms. "Where is he Pogo?"

He looked down for a second. My heart dropped.

"He's... okay. But... changed."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

...

The bank was under attack. There were only two men, but they did a lot of damage. They had shot two people already, and were probably going to shoot more.

I crouched down with all the other hostages.

Suddenly, a giant muscular man came crashing in. He grabbed the men and threw them to the ground.

We all owed him a great debt, and I offered to buy him a coffee in exchange for ... saving my life.

We started talking and things took off from there.

We started dating after about 4 months of hanging out.

...

Pogo led me in the house and took me in a room Luther had not shown me before.

There was a giant metal... bed? And medical supplies everywhere.

"Is He Okay?" I asked.

Pogo nodded his head slow. "Yes, he's fine... just changed. Like I said."

I just shook my head. What did that even mean? Changed.

He took me into another small room and knocked on the door.

"Master Luther... someone is here for you."

"No. They can go." It was a gruff, raspy voice... it didn't sound like Luther. I mean it did... but it didn't.

"It's... Y/n." Pogo knocked again.

There was an unlocking sound and the door opened a creek.

Pogo patted me on the shoulder. "Good luck."

I pushed it open more so I could step in. The room was dark and only one singular lightbulb gave it light. I was scared.

"Luther? Are you here?" I had my arms stuck out to feel around the room.

My hand touched something. It was furry... and large... it felt like a human body but... it didn't.

A giant light switched on and I realized what I was touching.

Luther stood tall beside me. He towered over me in his body that was covered in... fur?

He didn't look like himself.

I took a step back. "Wh-what..."

He took one forward. "Y/n. It's me. I'm me."

I took another step back and landed on a couch that was in the room.

"Luther..."

He knelt down in front of me. "Let me explain. Please."

...

"So... you almost died, and your dad gave you a serum that made you a monkey man?" It sounded insane saying this out loud.

He nodded. "Yes. He saved me."

"Luther... I'm so glad that you're alive, but you worried me so much! Why wouldn't you call and say where you were? Or what had happened?"

He looked at the ground. "I didn't want to... it's embarrassing, saying what happened." He sighed. "It's embarrassing looking like this."

I brought my hands up to his face and cupped his cheeks. "Luther... there is nothing wrong with you."

He moved away from me. "I'm disgusting."

I grabbed him and pulled him into a tight embrace. "No. You are not disgusting Luther Hargreeves. You are perfect just how you are. The inside is what matters most... not the surface."

He was smiling now.

"Thank you. This means a lot- you mean a lot."

"No need to thank me... monkey boy."

•••

Sorry this is trash (like me)

Comment ur opinions or things u think I should improve on!

Also feel free to comment if there are any spelling or grammar errors!

Bye