gym • diego hargreeves x reader [2]

•••

The gym smelt like B.O and dirty ass socks. But, I needed to practice if I was going be able to defend myself.

It was a boxing gym, and I had gotten a class with one of the best boxers who worked there.

The session was for 6:30 pm, it was now 7. I sat on the bench for thirty minutes, waiting for the guy to show. But it was completely empty in here, except for the guy mopping the floors. Another 20 went by, and I got fed up.

I stood up, carrying my bag and made my way over to the mopper. His back was facing me, so I tapped his shoulder.

He jumped slightly, turned around to face me and pulled out a small sharp black knife. It was just inches away from my face, but I didn't flinch.

"Shit..." he put the knife away quickly. "Sorry, I thought you were... someone else?"

I took a step back. "It's fine, um..." I didn't think he would be this attractive. He looked to be about 30, and had a two scars on his face. I swear I recognized him from somewhere. "I was looking for a man named Trevor. He was supposed to teach me about self defence today... but I guess he didn't show."

The man let out a large laugh. "Trev? He's a flake. Did you pay already?"

I nodded. Damn, I was dumb.

"He does shit like this all the time. Sorry about that."

I was pissed, needless to say. "I better get a refund."

He chuckled. "We don't do refunds here."

"Are you fucking kidding me? I just lost 100 dollars." I sat down on a nearby bench.

The man put the mop against a wall and sat next to me. "I'm no Trevor, but if you want I can try and teach you."

I looked up at him. "Really?"

He shrugged. "Yeah. I mean, I can't guarantee it'll do anything, but I can try and teach you."

I grabbed my wallet out of my bag and grabbed a twenty dollar bill. "Here."

He shook his head and stood up. "No, free of charge. Since you already lost 100 on a fool like Trevor."

I laughed a little.

"Well, thank you very much- um... sorry I didn't catch your name."

"Diego. And you?"

"Y/n."

"Well Y/n, I'm just going to change into something more... comfortable. I'll be right back." He sprinted off and I sat there on the bench and waited.

...

About 10 minutes later, Diego resurfaced wearing a black tank top and grey sweatpants.

"Let's get this party started." He said, smiling and walking onto one of the boxing mats. I took my hoodie off and threw it on the bench I previously sat at.

I was wearing a grey tank top and black leggings, so in a way, we were kind of matching.

"So, what exactly were you looking for when you booked with Trevor?" Diego asked, flopping down onto the mat.

I sat down beside him and pulled my hair into a pony tail. "I just wanted to learn self defence, I guess."

Diego smirked and nodded. "Okay, I can work with that."

...

He spent the next half an hour teaching me about keeping my hands up when I fight, and if I were to fight a man, to aim right for the you-know-what.

We both stood a couple feet away from each other, our hands were up and he was the first to throw a punch. Of course, it wasn't a full fledged punch, it was actually kind of weak, but I dodged it and grabbed his arm.

He taught me to grab the persons arm at the elbow and twist it, so I did just that.

"Ow." He said.

I quickly let go and took a step back. "Shit sorry, did I twist too hard?"

He chuckled. "Yeah, but it's fine." He got right back into his position and nodded at me. "Well, lets go again."

...

We spent probably four hours there together, he taught me (or tried to) teach me all he knew, and by the end I felt like I was a little bit better at defending myself.

"Maybe we should wrap it up." Diego said, after I had failed to even keep my arms up to protect myself.

"No, I'm fine! Let's keep going." I said got back into position.

I was sweaty, and sore, but I kind of wanted to keep going.

He smiled. "Y/n, it's 11. Maybe it's time we stop."

I nodded and laid down on the mat. Diego stood beside me and kicked my side lightly.

"Thanks for doing this. I mean, you could have just sent me home and continued working. But you helped, and you won't even accept any money."

He shrugged. "It was the right thing to do. Besides, I enjoyed myself too."

I smiled and stood up, walking off the mat and putting my hoodie back on. I had walked here, and I could walk back. I felt safer now, more strong.

Diego came to walk me out.

"Thank you again! So much."

He put a hand on my shoulder. "Seriously, it's fine. It was fun. There's no need to say thank you."

"Are you sure you don't want me to pay you? Is there anything I can do?"

He smiled. "There is one thing."

"What? What is it?"

"Give me your number. It's cheesy, yeah I know. But you can repay me with that. Maybe even a date sometime."

I was a little confused on why this attractive guy wanted my number, but I wasn't complaining.

"Yeah... of course. Call or text me anytime." I smiled and wrote my number down on the paper he handed to me.

We walked to the front of the gym and I stopped for a second when I was outside.

"I'll see ya Y/n." Diego said, and closed the door to the gym.

•••

lol I don't rlly know anything about anything. (Especially fighting or self defence... but I tried.) so don't judge.

Leave a comment or opinion you thought about this bc I like to hear them.

Also if there are any grammar or spelling errors just tell me!! (:

Bye