he likes to call you when he's drunk • five hargreeves x reader [9]

•••

The first time he called, it was 1am. I was sleeping peacefully in my comfy bed when my phone, that was resting on my desk, rang. I sprung off my bed and grabbed it, bringing it up to my face.

"Hello?"

There was breathing on the other side of the line. "Heyyy y/n!"

"Um... Five? Is that you?" I was kind of nervous, what was he calling me for? And why did he sound so... weird.

His speech was slurred. "Come over!"

"Five what's wrong with you? Are you okay?" I rubbed my eyes trying to get of the 'tiredness'

"If you won't come over here, I guess I'll come over there."

The line went dead and I put my phone back on my desk. I just shook my head. That boy was so weird. I put my head back down on my pillow and shut my eyes.

Suddenly a flash of greenish-blue light appeared in my room.

I shot up in my bed and jumped out of it, making my way to the known culprit.

"What the fu-" I began to say but a hand came and tried to cover my mouth.

Five had stumbled closer to me, and was trying to ... touch my face? To... shush me? I really didn't know.

"What are you doing Five?" I backed away.

Five just smiled and spun around. He definitely looked like he was not all there.

"I just... needed to see you! But you need to be quiet! You're so loud."

He grabbed my hand and twirled me around. We both laughed.

"I thought we needed to be quiet!" I said, sitting back on the edge of my bed.

He grudgingly walked over and fell on the bed beside me. "My head is staring to hurt."

I just shook my head at him. He was was rubbing it forehead and squeezing his eyes shut.

"How much did you drink this time?" I laid down beside him and rubbed the hair that fell over his face.

He gave a hazy smile at me. "Just a bottle, and a half."

"Five? What the hell?" I sat up. "You can't drink that much! That isn't good for you."

Five just shrugged and rolled over on his side. "I... don't... care" he slurred out, and then suddenly he was the one who was out.

I waved my hand in front of his face and tapped his cheek lightly. "Five... hello?"

I chuckled to myself and grabbed the blanket that was on the end of my bed. I put it on him, then crawled up to where my pillow was and went to sleep.

...

The second time he called, it was a school night, and not to mention only 5 pm. My family had just finished dinner and I was doing homework in my bedroom.

My phone rang and I got excited when I saw the bright white name shine on my phone.

I answered it and brought the phone up to my ear. "Hello?"

"Y/n!" He shouted on the other line, so hard I had to pull it away.

"Five...? Whats up? What's happening?"

There was shattering on the other end of the line and then Five hung up.

I quickly asked my mom to drive me over to their house. I ran up the front steps and pushed the big front doors open.

There was a broken vase spilled in the living room, but Five was no where to be found.

"Five? Five?" I shouted, and continued walking though the house.

I made my way into the kitchen and found Five sprawled on the floor. There was an empty bottle of vodka on the floor beside him.

"Jesus Five." I just rubbed my forehead and tapped his face. "Wake up!"

Five just groaned and rolled over on his stomach.

"Five... you can't keep doing this to yourself. Putting this poison- garbage into your body."

Five muttered something, but didn't move from his position on the ground.

I just rubbed circles on his back and stood up, dusting my pants off as I did so.

I grabbed a blanket that was on the couch in the living room and laid it gently on top of him.

...

The next time he called, I answered immediately.

"Five? Hello?"

There was breathing on the other end.

"Five...?"

"Y/n... please..." his voice sounded pained, and breathless. "I need you to come over."

His voice wasn't stern and confident like it usually was, this time it was shaky and broken.

"I'll be right over Five. Just hold on, wait for me. I'm coming." I quickly hung up the phone and got my parents to drive me.

I ran out of the car and saw Five huddled in a blanket, sitting on the front steps of the mansion.

I sprinted towards him and wrapped him in a tight hug. "Five... are you okay?"

When I pulled away, I was distraught by the look on his face. It was empty.

"Are you..." I started to say, but was cut off by him.

"No. I'm not drunk. I was going to, but I called you instead."

I sat beside him on the step. "What's wrong then?"

Five took a deep breath in. "Do you know why I drink Y/n?"

I shook my head.

"I drink, because it's easier being shitfaced, then remembering what happened while I was in the apocalypse."

I hadn't thought about it. About all that time he had spent in the apocalypse. All that time alone.

"Sometimes, I get visions. I get these visions and I feel like I'm back there. Alone. In that wasteland." His voice was cracking as he spoke. "But then, I wake up from it... and I know that it's not real. But I-" he gripped his chest. "I feel it, Y/n."

I put my arm around him and pulled him close.

"I drink... because it's easier. It's easier..." I was shocked, when he began crying. I had never seen him cry before.

"Five... it's okay." I pulled him closer. I could feel my shoulder become wet from his tears. "You are never going back there. You won't be alone again."

Five pulled away and looked up at me. "Thank you... so much." He gave a small smile. "Just for being here."

I felt happy tears run from my eyes. "I just want you to be happy Five."

He gave me a warm smile. "I'm getting there."

•••

I'm sorry this is really bad but I'll try and write better next time

Leave a comment about ur opinion or what u thought

Also feel free to let me know if there are any spelling or grammar errors.

Bye