saviour • diego hargreeves x reader [1]

•••

It was around midnight. I was on my period and the sight of a chocolate bar on the tv made me instantly crave it. So, rationally, I walked over to the nearest convenience store that was about two blocks away.

I was a regular there, so my boy Jerry, who worked at the till, and I had our usual small talk.

The door made a ding sound as I walked in. "Hey Jerry!" I said smiling.
He waved back. "Y/n. How're you?"

It was busy in the store tonight, lots of teens getting and adults looking for god knows what.

"I'm good. You look pretty busy tonight huh? Well I'll leave you to it then." I gave him a small smile and made my way to the back where all the candy and chocolate bars were.

When I passed the group of teens, one of them whistled. I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around to face the little shit.

"Do it again."

He looked at all of his friends and laughed. "What the fuck are you talking about?"

The teen wasn't that much taller than me, but I stood up as straight as I could so at least reach the height of his face. "I said do it again. Cat cal me again. Because I know how much girls liked to be cat called you fucking asshole."

His friends whooped and hollered and slapped him on the back.

The teen stared me down but instead turned away. "Whatever, lets go guys. This bitch is pissing me off."

I stood still and watched them exit the store. The door dinging as they did so.

When they left I turned my back and walked towards the chocolate. It was eerily silent in the store. Most of the people were gone, it was only two guys, Jerry, and me left.

The door dinged again but it wasn't the teens this time.

"Everybody move over to that wall! Right fucking now!" It was a tall man with a black ski mask over his face. Three holes were cut sloppily for his eyes and mouth. He held a pistol in his hand.

Bang! The gun rang as he shot in the air.

The whole world felt slow. My ears were ringing and I could barely breathe.

The man looked over to me and pointed the gun my way. "Get over to the wall bitch!"

One of the two guys who were shopping in the store pulled me over towards everyone else.

The masked man made his way back over towards Jerry, who stood with both hands above his head behind the till.

"Open it. Open the register now." He shouted, I shut my eyes and covered my ears.

I didn't know what happened next, but a shot rang. An ear-splitting shot that filled the entire store.

I opened one eye slowly to see Jerry's body on the ground behind the till. A large, red oozing hole in the middle of his forehead.

"Fuck fuck fuck fuck." I whispered to myself.

"All of you shut the fuck up!" The man said and came towards the three of us, who were sitting against the giant freezer.

The man made his way behind the till and didn't even care that he was stepping on Jerry's body. "Don't... move." He spat at us.

I wanted to cry right then... but I couldn't. I stared straight ahead. My eyes widened at what I saw, there was a tiny hunting knife in its package along with some other hunting tools.