late • ben hargreeves x reader [2]

Teen Ben x reader
Also all the Hargreeves are enrolled at this school and Ben didn't die at a young... age fight me

•••

Homecoming was nearing. It was only a two days away to be exact, and I didn't have a date, yet again. It wasn't cause I smelt like BO all the time or ate my own boogers or any of that shit... I was just quiet. I didn't initiate any conversations with many people at my school, and they didn't initiate any with me. I mostly stayed out of the way and did my own thing at high school.

I talked to people of course, but I wasn't overly friendly with anyone. Even thought I was alone most of the time, I wasn't lonely. It's kind of odd. But I think if I was in other people's company I would feel even more lonely.

There was one kid who I was sort of friendly with thought, his name was Ben. Ben Hargreeves, the adopted son of one of the most strange and someone interesting men I think the world has ever seen.

He went to my school, along with his 6 other siblings. They all had their own different friend groups, but Ben always looked kinda sad in his. They were quite popular, but he always had a distant look whenever I saw him with them.

I was sitting in the library once, doing my math homework at a back table when Ben and his group of friends barged in the library yelling like they owned the place. Of course Ben wasn't yelling, he was kind of hanging in the back of the group. The boys came to the tables and started to playfully harass people doing work, and then they came over to me.

One of the boys took my heads phones off my head and tried to talk to me, but I ignored them and continued to do my work.

"Aren't you gonna answer?" One of the boys asked.

I looked up at him with an emotionless expression. "Aren't you gonna leave?"

The boys went "ooh" even though it wasn't that good but I kinda felt good about it.

They left after my comment but Ben stayed back for a second. "Sorry about them... they're stupid sometimes."

I shrugged and gave him a small smile. "It's fine."

He gave me a bright smile of his own and ran off to catch up with his friends. I just shook my head and put on my headphones again.

...

Everyone had dates to homecoming... or I guess nearly everyone. I still didn't, but it was fine with me since I didn't plan on going anyway.

I was sitting on the benches outside of the school waiting for my mom to pick me up. It was chilly out and all I was wearing was my stupid school uniform.

"It's cold today." A voice said from beside me. I turned and look to see Ben Hargreeves standing beside me. "Do you mind if I sit?" He asked.

I shook my head no, and scooted over so he had more room to sit.

Ben reached in his bag and pulled out a black sweater. "Here, you can wear it."

I smiled at him but shook my head. "It's okay. I'm not even that cold."

Ben just nodded and put it back in his bag. We sat there in silence for a bit. It was calming in a way. I could hear the leaves rustling on the trees from the wind.

"I have a question for you." Ben said quietly. He was facing me now.

I turned to face him fully. "Okay."

He opened his mouth to speak but then shut it again and ran his hands through his hair. "I-I was wondering if you wanted to go to homecoming." He smiled awkwardly. "Oh-with me... sorry I forgot to add that."

I smiled. I wasn't expecting this, but I wasn't mad about it either.

"Sure. I'll go with you." I said softly.

Ben smiled and clapped his hands together. "Great... I'll tell you more about it tomorrow during lunch?" He stood up and began backing away step by step.

I nodded. "Sure. That would be great."

"Okay... well-Ill see you then."

...

Homecoming was tonight. Ben and I had planned to meet up in front of the school at 7. I showed up a little late at 7:10, but he wasn't there anyway.

I stood there in my knee length black dress for almost another 10 minutes... before I sat down on the bench and waited another 20.

I wanted to cry. I felt so embarrassed that I had been stood up. I had seen this type of shit in movies but I didn't think it actually happened. But I should've known... why would Ben Hargreeves ask me to homecoming?

I sat there with my arms crossed staring straight ahead, lost in my thoughts until I saw a boy on a bike speeding down the trail.

I stood up and squinted my eyes so I could see better. Ben. There he was hurrying on his bike with what looked like a bouquet of flowers In one hand.

When he finally reached me I could see that he had a giant red gash on the side of cheek and his suit had dirt marks all over one side.

"Jesus Ben... what happened to you?" I asked as he locked his bike up.

When he was done he came over beside me. He was panting and he looked a bit sweaty.

"I...had a bouquet for you..." he said between heavy breaths. "But... I was hit by a car and...I lost most of the flowers." Ben held up the bouquet which only had 3 red roses still intact.

I took it and smiled. "Thank you so much Ben... but are you okay? You said you got hit by a car?"

He nodded and laughed a little. "Yeah! I was biking so hard to get here that I didn't see the do not walk symbol on the crosswalk."

My eyes widened. "Jesus... I'm sorry. We could've met at a later time."

He shook his head. "No don't be sorry. It's my dads fault. He refused to drive me so I had to bike my ass off to get here... and I'm still late. I'm really sorry y/n."

I pulled him into a hug. We squished the flowers more by accident. "Don't be sorry. Its fine... but instead of going to homecoming maybe we should take you to a clinic."

Ben grabbed his ribs and groaned a little after I pulled away from the hug. "That sounds like a good idea."

•••

So this is my first update in like a year... what anyways 😔👊🏼🤭😗✌🏽

Lmk if there's any spelling / grammar errors and also comment ur thoughts and stuff and comment requests

Okay bye