believe me • klaus hargreeves x reader [5]

Teen Klaus x Gender Neutral reader (:
All the sibs go to a private school so yeah

•••

Klaus Hargreeves was an interesting boy... to say the least.

Whenever I would see him around school, he looked high out of his mind or he looked like he was talking to himself. It was quite... odd, but I didn't mind it much. Some of the kids at school thought it would be funny to bully him. They would lock him in the bathroom and turn off all the lights, shove his head in the toilets, and beat him up regularly around the school. The teachers rarely did anything about it either; they thought Klaus was a spoiled rich snob who deserves everything he got. They were wrong.

Whenever I saw Klaus talking to himself around school, I would try and listen in. I knew it was wrong, but I was genuinely interested in whatever he was saying.

One day I was sitting in my biology classroom alone. I was just trying to catch up on some homework and it was the perfect place. There were no kids, and it didn't smell like body oder or wet socks.

I was sitting at one of the tables when I heard a voice from the hall outside. It was Klaus. He was jabbering on and on to himself, and when I heard the voice come near, I ducked under the table instinctively.
It was like was a reflex or something... or I didn't want him to see me sitting alone in the classroom.

So I hid... and he eventually came into the room and shut the door.

"Okay would you shut up please?" He said. I couldn't exactly see what he was doing since I was under the table, but I did see his feet moving frantically around the room.

"I've been clean for 3 days now!" He said quite loud. "I haven smoked or snorted anything for 3 fucking days! I'm losing my goddamn mind."

"Even more then usual?" I whispered to myself."

"Weird shit is happening... the ghosts can do things now. This one ghost opened a door for me. Some of them can touch shit now! It's crazy." Klaus waited for a response for a second, and I obviously didn't hear one.

Klaus' feet turned in my direction. Shit. "I know... I saw their shadow before we came in the class."

I gulped and hoped he wasn't talking about me.

"You can come out y/n."

Fuck.

I moved slowly out from under the table and looked at him awkwardly. He was leaning against the teachers desk.

"Hi." Was all I could muster out.

Klaus smiled. "Hi."

I looked at the door—not even giving a shit that I had left all my stuff there—and moved towards it. "I should probably get going now-"

Klaus stood in my way. "You heard all that."

I nodded. "Well yeah... I was under the table the whole time."

He laughed a little. "Well obviously I know that. But what did you think of it?"

"What did I think of what?" I questioned.

"The ghosts I was talking about... do you believe me?"

I shook my head. "I'm not much of a believer. I kinda need to see things first."

He laughed and his eyes widened a little. "Okay! I have an idea."

I just shrugged. "Um..."

He gestured over by the door. "Just stand there and watch this."

I moved over and he grabbed metre-stick from off the chalk board. Then he chucked it into the middle of now where. There were no desks or tables or anything... but it was... floating in the air.

"This has to be a trick or some shit..." I muttered in disbelief. There was no way it was actually floating.

Klaus just smiled and put it hands on his hips. "See." Then the metre-stick flew and hit him in the stomach.

I laughed and made my way to where it was previously floating. I ran my hands threw the air to try and touch strings or something of the sort... but there was nothing.

"Klaus... how did you manage to do that? Magnets?" I crossed my arms and walked back to the door.

Klaus rolled his eyes at me. "You really think I have the brain power to set up strings or magnets in a classroom?" He laughed. "There's a ghost standing right there y/n."

I shook my head and looked at the ground. "Klaus... this is why people treat you like that... you give them a reason to."

He looked a little hurt. "How would you feel if there were always ghosts trying to talk to you and get your attention 24/7?" He ran his hands through his hair. "The only way to somewhat silence them is drugs... or that's the only way I've found."

He sounded so sincere and I almost believed him for a second. "Klaus... have you tried talking to someone? Or getting meds for that?"

He shook his head and sunk down on the ground, his back leaning against the desk. "I've tried... my dad won't let me. He doesn't even know that I try to get high all the time. He wants me to use the ghosts and use my power... but you don't believe me. No one does, except my siblings."

Oh yes... his siblings. They supposedly had powers too, but I had never personally seen them.

I walked over and sat beside him. "Im sorry if I was rude before... I didn't mean to. It's just hard to believe something that crazy in such a small amount of time."

He nodded. "It's fine. I'm used to it."

"People fear what they don't understand." I said quietly, but he still heard. I saw a small smile flash on his face. "Thats why everyone bullies you... and I'm sorry for that."

He nodded again. "You understand me. Or- you will. I know you will. I can sense it. I just have to show you more."

He stood up and dusted himself off. "You'll believe me." He smiled wide. "One way or another... you will." And then he left the class.

I just sat there in shock, awe, and peacefulness. No feelings of disbelief to be found.

•••

This is literally ass I'm so sorry
It's 2 am here so pls bare with me
Lmk if there's any spelling or grammar errors and comment what u thought so I can change my writing if needed !!