11 minutes in hell • diego hargreeves x reader [5]

•••

Why had I even come to this stupid party? I never liked parties and each time I went to one I immediately wanted to go home the second I walked in.

My best friend, Brooke was holding my hand and guiding me through the massive house.

I think the guy who owned the house was named Steve or something. I kind of felt bad that we were at his party and we didn't even really know him.

The party was ass. Like I had assumed. There was a positive though... the Umbrella Kids we're attending. Five was teleporting throughout the house to impress some girls. Luther was lifting stuff up and the rest were off doing other things.

I never admitted this to anyone, but I was kind of a fan girl. I thought they were the coolest people ever.

Brooke and I made our way to the giant living room, where a bunch of kids were sitting. On our way in, I knocked into someone. I heard their drink spill.

"I'm so sorry!" I said and turned my view to the person I ran into. Diego Hargreeves. "I'm really sorry."

"This was a brand new jacket..." he glared at me and walked away.

I facepalmed, and Brooke put her arms around me. "It's okay... its only Diego Hargreeves."

...

The two of us sat in the back and watched everyone play this game. It was called 7 minutes in heaven, and since there were like 8 closets in this living room alone, many people were playing.

"If you were to get put in there with someone, who would you want?" Brook whispered to me.

I shrugged. "No one. This game is dumb."

Just then a hand was put on my shoulder. "Hey Steve! This girl wants to play!" He grabbed my hand and pulled me up.

I looked at Brooke with a panicked expression but she just laughed.

"Excuse me sir, I don't want to play! I very much do not want to." I choked out.

The guy who had been pulling me brought me to the front of the circle, right beside Steve.

"What's your name?" Steve asked.

"Y/n..." I said quietly.

"Okay, so we have Y/n, but who is the lucky guy who will be going in the closet with her?"

A few guys cheered, and Steve's friend went off to grab one.

"Um, hey Steveo, I definitely don't want to do this. Can you pick someone else?"

Steve laughed. "Calm down Y/n! It's just a game." Steve looked up. "Look! We've found your companion."

I turned my attention to the boy standing in front of me. Diego Hargreeves.

I jumped up. "No." And at the same time Diego said "No way." We both scoffed at each other.

Steve smiled big. "This'll be fun. Let's go guys!"

This was going to be 11 minutes in hell.

...

Diego and I were pushed into a tight closet together. There was only one light. We sat at opposite ends.

Steve smiled at us. "Have fun in there you too!" And shut the door.

I rolled my eyes. This game was dumb. We would be sitting in here for 11 minutes in silence.

Or maybe not. "I'm sorry I freaked out at you before." Diego said quietly.

I shrugged. "I'm sorry I ran into you. I'm kind of a klutz."

"I should've been paying more attention to my surroundings."

I laughed. "It was my fault, you seriously don't need to apologize."

"But I shouldn't have been a dick."

"Yeah but I ran into you. You kinda had a right to be."

"That doesn't mean I should've been."

I paused. "Are we seriously fighting about who should apologize or not?"

He chuckled. "I guess we are."

"Sorry." We both said at the same time, then we laughed.

"I feel bad. I've never talked to you even though we have classes together." He finally said, after our laughing fit was done.

"We only have two classes together. And it's not like we're exactly friends."

He shrugged. "Yeah. But I feel like I should try and be nicer to people. You included." He scooter closer to me and stuck his hand out. "We're going to pretend we haven't met and start over, Okay?"

I nodded.

"I'm Diego."

I shook this hand. "I'm Y/n."

"It's nice to meet you Y/n."

Suddenly the closet door was opened and light flooded in.

"Times up lovebirds." Steve grinned.

Diego and I both got up and walked out.

I started to walk back over to Brooke but I was stopped.

"Can I have your number Y/n?" Diego smiled.

I was confused. "Um... oh you were serious about being friends?"

He nodded. "I can be kind of a dick, but I want to try and be better. I'm going to try. So maybe some new friends will help with that."

I nodded and put my info in his phone. "Call or text whenever." I have a small smile and walked away.

"Will do!" He shouted.

•••

This is kind of ass I'm sorry. I rushed it and it turned out shiiiittttyyyyy

Leave a comment about what u thought or whatevaaaaa

Yeeyee

Also excuse any grammar or spelling errors!!!! Just lmk if there is any !

Bye