Chapter 1: Truth

It was now their senior year and Marinette had become comfortable talking to Adrian. Alya and Nino were still going strong and Marinette asked Alya, "How do you do it?"
Alya: "What?"

Mari: "You and Nino have been together for three years now and I'm just a lonely person who has had the same crush since the first day of tenth grade!"

Alya: "You should do something about it."

Mari: "What?!"

Alya: "Tell him. It's about time anyway. Besides you two have become a lot closer since then and you don't even stutter anymore."

Mari: "I guess. But how should I do it? And when."

Alya: "How about today. Ask to hang out at the park. Nino and I can tag along and when you're ready we'll make an excuse and leave. Then you can tell him."

Mari: "That's a great idea. Thanks Alya."

     Alya left the bakery to tell Nino. Marinette texted Adrian and he thought it was great idea.

— Time skip —

     *At the park*  Alya and Nino were early as always but for a first Marinette arrived first. The four talked for about two hours. Mari look to Alya and nodded and she knew what it meant and her and Nino left.

     The blond and bluenette walked and talked for a couple of minutes and then she stopped.

Adrian: "What's wrong?"

Mari: "Oh, It's nothing. Can I say one thing tho?"

Adrian: "Sure. What's up?"

Mari: *deep breath* "Adrian......I-I love you. I have loved you since we met in tenth grade. I thought it would pass but it didn't and I just needed to tell you."

     Adrian stood shocked unable to speak until Marinette said something.

Mari: "I get it you don't feel the same. This was stupid. Forget what I just said. I'm sorry.

Adrian: *starts laughing*

Mari: "Great I've made a fool of myself."

Adrian: "No you haven't. I'm laughing because I love you too."

Mari: "What! You do!"

Adrian: "Of course!"

     Adrian grabbed Marinette and hugged her tightly. At first she was shocked but then hugged him back. They stood there for ten minutes just hugging.