Chapter 4: Shocked

Luka: I like you

Mari: WHAT??!!

Luka: I like you Mari. I've liked you since I met and feelings for you grew more.

Mari: *blushing* I don't know Luka. I just got out of a toxic relationship with Adrian and I don't know if I'm ready for another relationship yet.

Luka: Please give me a chance. I won't hurt you like he did.

Mari: Can I think about it?

Luka: Of course. Let's meet here tomorrow. Same time?

Mari: Sure.

Mari went home to decide what she should do. She called Alya and she told her it was a decision she would have to make her own. Marinette thanked her and laid on her bed.

Tikki: Don't worry Marinette everything will work out in the end.

Mari: Thanks Tikki. What do you think I should do. You know how much I liked Adrian and you saw how that turned out. What happens if he's the same way.

Tikki: I say take a chance. I have a good feeling about him. Besides he's very sweet and you two are already good friends.

Mari: Thanks Tikki.

Marinette fell asleep and dreamt about Luka.

The next morning Marinette got dressed in a pretty pink floral dress and tied her hair up in a bun. At twelve she walked to the park to meet Luka.

Luka: Hey Mari.

Mari: Hey Luka. I've made my decision. But before I say anything else I have some rules.

Luka: Ok.

Mari: First if we break up, nothing changes. Our friendship remains the same as now. And second, we take things slowly. No rushing into anything.

Luka: Of course. So does this mean you'll give me a chance?

Mari: Yes.

     Before Mari could say anything else, Luka grabbed her and gave her a big hug. At first Mari jumped in surprise at the quick gesture but hugged him back when she realized that he really liked her and she was at peace.