Chapter 9: In His Head

When the reached their spot it had started raining so they decided to head to Luka's house because it was closest.

     When arriving they grabbed some snacks before heading to Luka's room. He grabbed Marinette one of his shirts and a pair of sweatpants. Knowing how cold she gets he also got her a blanket. While she was changing in his bathroom, he also changed his clothes. After he finished changing Marinette came out of the bathroom and he blushed hard.

Luka(with his mouth gaping): .......

Marinette: Do - do I look ok?

Luka: You look beautiful

     Luka walked over to Marinette and stood just inches away. He put his hand on her chin and tilted her head up ever so slightly, placing a soft kiss on her lips. Marinette was surprised by this gesture and smiled. She wrapped her arms around his waist and they fell input a sweet lasting hug.

Marinette: You're too sweet

Luka: I try to be when I'm with you.

Marinette: Luka....I love you.....

Luka: I have always loved you Marinette

     A few hours passed and it was time for Marinette to go home. Luka has told her to keep his clothes till she saw him again because her clothes were still wet and he didn't want her catching a cold.

     When she left he went right to writing. He was struggling so badly with the words he didn't know what else to do. He had thought of every possibility to write about but still, nothing. He was hating himself for not being able to come up with the perfect words for the perfect girl. He sat there for hours and not realizing the time the sun has started to come up and he saw the most beautiful sunrise he has ever seen he continued to write.

     A few moments later it was like words were flowing out of him. By the time he was done brainstorming his new journal had been filled over half way.  It was 9 o'clock in the morning and he desperately needed sleep and passed out on his desk.

He woke up around 5 o'clock and checked his phone. He had several missed calls and texts from Marinette. He felt awful.

*on phone*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
7 missed calls from Baby💗

From Baby💗
- hey you missed my call. Call me back. Love you
- hey it's been a couple of hours and you haven't responded. Are you mad?
- please Luka answer me I'm getting worried.
- alright I guess you don't want to talk to me. Sorry. Talk to you another time.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luka: Shoot.

He called Marinette but she didn't answer. He tried again but still no response. He was sure that she was mad at him so he went to her house.