Chapter 7: In the Moment

As Marinette was walking up to Adrien Luka was eyeing him and he knew it. Marinette was shaking when she finally reached Adrien. They stood there, silent, no words were able to be formed from either of them until Adrien finally broke the silence.

Adrien: hey,......thanks for coming.

Mari: yeah no prob. *smiles weakly* so what did you want to say to me?

Adrien: well.... so......I-I'm sorry. Like seriously. Really sorry.

Mari: you do know that story is not enough, right?

Adrien: yes I know. How can I make it up to you then?

Mari: for starters, can you give me some space? I know you want to make it up to me but I need space.

Adrien: I understand

     Adrien goes to hug Marinette but a soon as he has wrapped his arms around her she pushed him away.

Mari: I said I needed space!

In the heat of the moment, Adrien, not realizing what he was doing, slapped her. Almost immediately after Luka came rushing over and punched him in the face.

Luka: you DO NOT hit her!

Adrien: Mari I-I'm so sor-

Luka: you do not get to finish that sentence. Don't you ever talk to her again! Come on baby, let's go.

     Marinette looks up at him with her tear filled eyes and nodded gently. And in one swift motion the two left him stranded in the park.

     Silent, the car drove to the couple's hidden safe haven. 'Twas a beautiful garden near Luka's house hidden behind some trees. A few months earlier the two of them were going on a walk and stumbled across this refuge. They had cleaned it up and made it more personal to them.

     Marinette was devastated. She had not predicted him doing that. Luka, wishing he could comfort her, just laid still as she curled up into his arms crying. After awhile he couldn't stand her crying anymore. It made him too sad. He lifted up her face and looked into her eyes with deep passion and kissed her. He was careful not to invade her space too much and he backed away but before he could Marinette grabbed his face and kissed him.

Mari: Luka...

Luka: baby?

Mari: I....I love you.

     Luka picked her up and swung her around.

Luka: I love you too! I know this might be soon and a strange time but I got you a promise ring. I want it to remind you that I will always be there and I swear that I'll never hurt you. Ever.

Mari: you're the best. Thank you.

     Luka had written a song for her and they sat in the garden for hours just listening to the music.

𝔸/𝕟:  𝔸 𝕙𝕦𝕘𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕤𝕦𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕣𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕓𝕠𝕠𝕜. 𝕀 𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕚𝕤𝕖 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕙𝕠𝕨 𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕘 𝕚𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕓𝕖𝕖𝕟 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕀'𝕞 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕪 𝕥𝕣𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕥. 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕠𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕒 𝔻𝕞 𝕚𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕒 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕠𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕞𝕖 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖 𝕒 𝕤𝕥𝕠𝕣𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕦𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕨𝕣𝕚𝕥𝕖, 𝕗𝕦𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕘𝕚𝕧𝕖𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕘𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕒𝕟 𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕒. 𝕄𝕦𝕔𝕙 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕜𝕤 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕟𝕖𝕩𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣.