Chapter 11: A Day Together

As if that whole nightmare never happened, Luka and Mari left the park work a happy smile on their faces. That night the happy couple has a lovely candlelit dinner at Luigi's Italian restaurant. Then after they went to Luka's.  Marinette spent the night in Luka's arms comforted by the warmth.

     In the morning, Marinette went back to her house because she had to open the store. Surprisingly, Adrian was there.

Adrian:  Hey....I

Mari:  What. Let me guess....You want to "talk"

Adrian:  Actually. Yeah. But before you go please hear me out. Give me one day. I won't act out. I swear.

Mari:  Fine. But after this I'm gone.

Adrian: Thank you.

The two spent a pretty good day together. Adrian told Marinette all about his problems and that he's getting the help he needed now. Mari was an absolute mess. She absolute love Luka with all of her heart but spending the day with Adrian was making her feel something about him again and she didn't know what to do.

Adrian: I feel like I need to be honest with you about my problems.

Mari: Yeah I need an explanation

Adrian: When I was younger I was told that I had anger issues and there was nothing to do to help it. I didn't tell you because I was afraid that if I told you, you hate me and ignore me forever.

Mari: I would never do that And I'm hurt that you actually think that. And the fact that you didn't tell me made things worse. I had no idea and I couldn't prevent it.

Adrian: I'm so sorry and I wish I had but you can understand where I'm coming from. Right?

Mari: I can but you still should have told me.

Adrian: I know

Mari: Lets just forget about if for now and let's just go and get something to eat.

     As night came the two were talking about life and everything they've been through. If she was being honest, Marinette had missed him. His smell, his smile, his laugh, but she knew that nothing could come of it. She was with Luka. She was happy. She was in love. But what about Adrian what would become of their relationship?

Mari: We can still be friends right?

Adrian: Of course!  I miss you so much.

Mari: Me too but if you feel angry or anything like that please tell me so I can help you calm down. I want to be friends but if you can't at least try to control yourself then we have a problem.

Adrian: I completely understand. I will try to be my best self.

Mari: That's all I ask for.

     Later that night while Marinette was on her balcony she saw Chat Noir jumping on the rooftops. She transformed and went to join him.

Chat: Well hello M'lady

Ladybug: Hello kitty cat

Chat: It worked she's friends with me again! I was honest with her and she trusted that I'm changing.

Ladybug: That's amazing Chat! Do you feel like you've changed though?

Chat: I don't know. I believe I have but I could be wrong. I don't want to hurt her again. Oh no! What if I do hurt her again! Oh no she'll never talk to me again.

Ladybug: Chat listen to me. You are the bravest most caring person I know. I believe you can change. I know that if you get angry you won't take it out on her that you'll tell her and I believe she will help you with whatever you're feeling.

Chat: Do you really believe that?

Ladybug: I do.

     The two partners sat in silence for a long time. His head resting in her lap like he usually does and her had messing with his hair. He was at peace whenever they were together. He was happy. He never wanted the night to end but unfortunately it did and they went their separate ways. Until next time is what they last said to each other before going home.