3

Asher's POV

I fell asleep shortly after Dr. Smith left my room. I was asleep for about 2 hours. My mom woke me up because Dr. Smith wanted to take my tube out now. He removed it and the police came in to question me. One officer was short and buff and the other one was really tall.

Hey Asher I hope you don't mind us asking you a few questions. I'm Detective Ross and this is my partner Detective Andrews." The tall officer explained.

"Tell is what you remember from that night." Detective Andrews said.

"I-I remember go-ing to a par-ty. My fri-end Johnny a-nd I got real-ly drunk. His sister dr-ove us home. Johnny blared the mu-sis and she told him to turn it down be-cause she can't concentr-ate. Then all of a sudden a c-ar come speed-ing out us." I explained but my voice kept cracking.

"Okay thank you Asher." Detective Ross says as they walk out of my room.
"Wait!" I yelled.

"Yes Asher?" Detective Ross said walking back into my room.

"Are my friends okay?" I asked quietly.

"Lauren is fine, she only had a broken arm and a concussion." Detective Andrews answered for him.

"W-what about Johnny?" I asked in the verge of tears.

"He was in critical condition like you but he's still in a coma. We don't know if he'll ever wake up." Detective Andrews replied.

"Oh my god." I said quietly as I started to cry.

Annie's POV

I went to the cafeteria for lunch and when I came back I heard Asher crying. There was no one in his room, so I went in.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"N-no." He replied.

"Do you mind me asking what happened?" I asked him.

"I'd rather not talk about." He said calming himself down.

I started to walk out of his room but then he stopped me.

"Wait!" He called out.

"Yes?" I said turning back into his room.

"Who are you?" He asked me.

"My name is Annie, Annie LeBlanc. I'm in the room next to yours." I explained

"I'm Asher." He told me.

"Nice to meet you Asher." I replied.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but why are you in here?" Asher asked.

"I have a heart disease and I'm waiting for a new one." I said enthusiastically.

"Oh I'm sorry. No offence but that makes all my problems seem little." He said sadly.

"None taken and no problem is too little. If something is bothering you tell someone no matter how big or how little it is." I told him.

"Okay will do. Thank you for that." Said Asher.

"Well it was nice to meet you Asher. I got to go I have a check-up now!" I said cheerfully.

"You too Annie. See you around!" He said with a smile on his face. Man is his smile beautiful.

"Yes you will." I said as I walk out of his room.

When I walked into my room my nurse, Sofie was there already waiting to go my check up.

"Why are you so happy missy?" She asked.

"I talked to Asher today!" I said with a huge smile on my face.

"You did finally. You were telling me non stop how much you wanted to meet him!" She said laughing.

"I know I know you don't need to remind me. I don't know what it is but there's something about him." I said.