23

Asher's POV

"Okay Asher, are you ready?" Dr. Smith asked before he cut off my casts.

"Yes, I am." I replied.

Dr. Smith cut off all of my casts. I felt so free and I really wanted to try to throw a ball and walk but I know I can't yet.

"When do I start physical therapy?" I asked Dr. Smith.

"Exactly a week from today. We want to give your body some time to adjust without the casts." He said.

"Ok thanks and is throwing a ball part of the physical therapy?" I asked.

"It can be. Would you like it to be?" Dr. Smith asked.

"Yes please." I said.

"Okay, we'll add that in." He said.

"Okay, thank you." I said.

"You're welcome. We'll see you later Asher. Call me if you need anything or have any questions." Dr. Smith said.

"Okay, will do. Bye." I said as he walked out the door.

Annie came back to my room from lunch a half an hour later.

"Hey Ash!" She said climbing onto my bed.

"Hey Anns." I said kissing her on the forehead.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"I'm feeling good but my arms and legs are feeling weird." I told her.

"Not used to being without the casts?" She asked with a giggle.

"Yes! It feels so weird!" She started laughing "What's so funny?" I asked her.

"You!" She said still laughing.

"Hey! It's not funny! Have you ever had casts on?" I asked her. She shook her head no starting to calm herself down. "So you don't get to laugh!" I said tickling her.

"S-stop Ash! I can't breathe." She said squirming and laughing so hard. And I stopped. "Thank you." She said with a sigh of relief which made be laugh. "What's so funny?" Annie asked.

"Nothing." I said smiling and kissed her on the forehead again. "So, how are things with Riley?" I asked.

"Things are great! We are even closer then we were before you-know-what." She said with a big smile.

"That's great and how are things with Nadia?" I asked.

"Great!" She said.

"That's good. Is she still dating Darius?" I asked.

"Yes, she is." Annie replied.

"I haven't seen him lately, is he visiting soon?" I asked.

"Yeah, he's visiting later this week. The last few months he couldn't visit as much because of sports but he's not as busy this month so you will see him more." Annie said.

"Okay cool." I said.

"Do you miss having Johnny in the hospital?" She asked.

"Yes and no. Like I'm happy that he is okay and can go home but at the same time I miss seeing him a lot, y'know?" I said.

"Yeah, I know. It's kinda like that for me with Hayley but they have never visited consistently so..." Annie said starting to frown.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You're going to see her soon." I said rubbing her arm.

"I hope so." She said.

"Me too. I really want to meet her!" I said very excitedly and Annie giggled a little. "What?" I asked.

"Nothing, you're cute. It's so cute how much you want to meet my little sister!" Annie said with a smile.

"Well, if she's related to you, then of course I want to meet her!" I said pulling her in for a hug.

_________________________________
I published a ashannie fanfic! It's called The Bet and you all should check it out!💘
It would mean a lot to me if you guys checked it out💋🥰